FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Manipulation of a stack on safe

<<

Juano2001

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:46 am

Manipulation of a stack on safe

Just started today with some reading and fiddling with the dial and lever feeling the gates.

I think I found something important but can't visualize what the wheels are doing.

Rotate right 3 turns and stop on ind 0 as a reference. Then rotate left feelng each gate for width, depth, grinding etc. If I keep doing this on the second left rotation I get a huge drop on the lever handle at Ind 65. Switching back to right rotation big drops into each gate but can feel friction on the bottom if I pull hard on the door lever. Once I've done a full right rotation back to Ind 65 the gates again feel "normal" again.

I'm sure this has significance but need to do more reading. Lol

I'll update for reference for others as I go along.

This is very interesting and useful knowledge. Enjoying this site.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:48 pm

Re: Manipulation of a stack on safe

On aliexpress are cheap direct entry fence locks: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832803819480.html

This is not fully functional, because the complete bolt work is missing, which is needed for this type of lock, but you can closely examine what turning the dial does to the wheels.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Juano2001

Post Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:22 am

I set up a dial gauge and mag base on the handle. With AWL I find 8 "gates" where the handle drops slightly and locks on a range of numbers.

90-92 - 20
77-79.5 - 36
65-67 - 15
52-54 - 15
40-42 - 20
30-32 - 15
15-17 - 20
2-4.5 - 20

Second number is the reading on the dial ind
77-79.5 stands out as slightly wider and a deeper drop
2-4.5 stands out as slightly wider

I think I should consider 78 for W3 or should be called the cam wheel?

Do these results make sense so far?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:43 am

Yes, is likely the gate of the disc connected to the dial. This disc can be called W3, because the number is part of the code, but calling it cam or drive cam is more helpful as it provides more information about the nature of this disc.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks