FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cole steel miner safe

<<

ranger505

Post Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:47 pm

Cole steel miner safe

Hi all, I recently got a cole steel cabinet with a small safe inside when we moved it from my dads it was open it must have closed when I was bringing it home I don’t think my dad even new the combination I would ask him put he passed away last month. I could drill it out but I want to keep it as is sentimental value. Took a drawer out and there is writting on the back with marker looks like a combination number
Not sure how to upload a picture NO57639 or N057639 any suggestions on using that number I’m not familiar with combination locks as far as the format. Appreciate any help thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:44 pm

Re: Cole steel miner safe

This question comes up with some regularity here. Do a search for "Cole" and you will see what I mean.
Good luck.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

ranger505

Post Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:09 pm

Wow thanks, tones of info how ever looks like that maybe a serial number not the combination number
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:22 am

ranger505 wrote:Wow thanks, tones of info how ever looks like that maybe a serial number not the combination number

The letter N in the set of numbers is insignificant. Yes, the numbers as written are not the combo but they are all part of it. Because of so many previous
'code seekers' requesting the same info as you, and early on some may have gotten help, but they never returned to the forum...EVER. I PM'd a few and never heard back. One and done.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

ranger505

Post Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:46 am

I can see that. I guess my next option is to drill it out any suggestions on where to drill it I would think right in the center I really didn’t want to but no choice I guess
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:34 pm

Sorry buddy, but you will strike out on that question. We don't discuss destructive entry here, at all. There is too much liability associated with it.
Good luck!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

ranger505

Post Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:48 pm

Totally understand

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks