FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mosler t-20

<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:56 pm

Re: Mosler t-20

Heres some pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:00 pm

Great work! Psychology is also part of the tools.

PS: If it is hand change it is a B-6, key change a KCB-607.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:14 pm

After getting this one open I was whisked to the basement and shown another interesting safe..

Check this.

There is a drop box from one of the upper floors that ends up in the basement right into the safe. There is an alarm on it. There is also glass inside the safe which made me think a glass relocker but then i disposed of that thought because the chute outlets right against the back of the door and i don't think it would be safe to put glass there..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:32 pm

This door has a lot of pieces missing. I am sure there was once a cover on the back, because there are screw holes on the side walls of the door and gray paint where the back cover was cut to provide space for the cable outlet and the magnet. It also looks like the lock bolts are gone and the mechanisms to interact with the boltwork. The bottom lock was drilled to open, which broke the bottom glass. Then they drilled for the relocker (or before), first left, than right. Relocker and glass of this lock is now gone. The top lock has still the glass and a working relocker. If something breaks the glass the door is again shut. You might want to talk to them about removing the relocker. Btw. the safe is a Canadian Chubb ABP (Anti-Blow Pipe).
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:22 pm

<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:28 pm

So my initial assessment was right.. There was a glass relocker. So my guess is something too heavy was put in the chute and it fell into safe and broke the glass and they had to drilp the bottom lock open.
The wheel pack for the top lock is there but the bolt is gone.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:11 am

My guess is, there was a problem with the lock (malfunction or lost combination) and the safe tech opened the safe. He drilled either first for the lock opening and searched after the shattered glass for the relocker or drilled first for the relocker, because he knew there is glass. Because of the many exploratory holes I think he drilled first for the lock. Then the safe owner asked the tech to disable the locking mechanisms, so that the safe stays open. The tech packed all the removed parts up and didn't care about refastening the back cover of the door.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:02 pm

Congratulations on the opening!
Every manipulation is a process of elimination.
I like to say that I try all the possible combinations, but I choose the order!

Cheers :)
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:37 am

My next question is how do we change the combination. Its a manual key change lock. From what i can see you have to take the retaining clip off, and separate each wheel. Then separate the inner wheel from the outer wheel and then line up the teeth to the number you want and then reassemble the wheel pack??
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:18 pm

You did not show any photos of the wheel pack, but I think that is what you need to know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6L_jQJRQXQ
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks