FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

J&S safe

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:43 pm

J&S safe

Recently purchased a top rotary hopper drop safe at a sheriff's online auction in Minnesota. I was only the 2nd bidder. With tax, buyer's fee, I shelled out $14.27. Add to that the gas to/from and total came to about $25. Not including my time because I was in the area on another mission. The safe is from J&S Manufacturing. They don't have an email address and only a PO Box. I think it is a rebranded Meilink. Any other guesses are welcome. The lock is an Ilco P67 mounted VU, very similar to an S&G 6730. I changed the combo. Caution is advised when operating the hopper as it is a pinch machine. Learned my lesson well 25+ years ago when I serviced a rotary hopper. It only took once. Notice the relocker to the left of the lock.
DSCI1239.JPG
DSCI1240.JPG
DSCI1241.JPG
DSCI1242.JPG
DSCI1243.JPG
DSCI1244.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

just1pick+open

Post Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:30 pm

Re: J&S safe

Sweet deal! That is a beauty.
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:41 am

I believe I have seen a safe with a handle like this, but I can't find one now, also no Meilink.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:07 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:I believe I have seen a safe with a handle like this, but I can't find one now, also no Meilink.

Google FireKing drop safes. Handles, hinges are same. Meilink was absorbed by FireKing some time ago.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:38 pm

In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks