Post Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 am

Looking for Advice Identifying Signatures & Low Spots

I've recently changed the combinations on my 2 S&G 6700s and I am surprised at the massive difference between each 1st manipulation the the 2nd!

One lock, the 6730, seems to spill it's guts to show me the gates this time. Textbook grand canyon signatures, 3-2-1. Took just over 4 hours to open, which is really fast for me :mrgreen:

However, the second lock, S&G 6700 might be a 6730, the first lock I cracked, just doesn't indicate, to my novice eye, anything I can make use of.

Instead of just going back and starting over (possibly my 1st mistake) I thought I would just persevere and keep trying each possible course of action, that I am aware of.

So I am hoping someone with a more seasoned eye might be able to make sense of what I've done and point out my mistakes or suggest courses of action I haven't taken :)

I started with AWL in BLACK ink.

DSC_0592.JPG

Pretty inconclusive, so I tried parking 1 & 2 at the low points and running 3 AL in BLACK and BLUE for different low points.

DSC_0593.JPG

Seemed to get a possible signature at 46, but all high/low tests were inconclusive.

I thought now to go back and do AWR shown in the graph #1 in BLUE ink.

56.5 is indicated here. I'm finally getting somewhere! Or so I thought. High/low tests were totally inconclusive again.

So I parked 1 & 2 at 56.5 and ran 3 AL to show 46 as in graph #2 shown in GREEN ink.

This also shows nothing to me. Next I run 1 & 2 around, parking 3 at all potential lows spots. BLACK, BLUE & GREEN.

DSC_0594.JPG

OK possibly 9 now. High/low were, guess what, inconclusive.

You can see (hopefully) where this is going. I just carried on, trying to bully some good information out of the graphs, to no avail.

Here's the rest. By now I'm feeling beaten.
I must have done something wrong somewhere or missed something.

DSC_0595.JPG

DSC_0596.JPG

DSC_0597.JPG

I apologise for so many graphs in so many colours and wouldn't be surprised if no-one reads this far :)
You're a trooper if you did :salute:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A short pencil is better than a long memory."