FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yale 500 reassembly

<<

snork

Post Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:27 am

Yale 500 reassembly

Hi All,

I had a Yale 500 lockbox outside in a meter cupboard for several years locked. My tenant moved out and I forgot the code. Nothing in it so I forgot all about it. I went down a rabbit hole today on Youtube and to my delight, someone showed exactly how to get into which I did successfully!

I thought I'd change the code to something I would remember and then something went wrong I couldn't close it and the original code posed the same problem. There are some screws inside 5 which I undid hoping I could fix the issue. Upon opening a little copper thin plate that sat on top of the numbers barrel popped off and I stupidly didn't take a picture before I touched anything! I placed it on top and screwed everything back together and it's not happy and obv won't close. I've tried to find a diagram for the lock, to no avail. Anyone here help? My elation at finally becoming a safecracker has plummeted into annoyance that I now have a lock that doesn't close. Thanks in advance.
<<

Visitor

Post Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:43 am

Re: Yale 500 reassembly

Some pictures are needed I think.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks