FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unknown safe. Help. Buy or Not to buy.

<<

Tim Moisio

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:39 am

Unknown safe. Help. Buy or Not to buy.

Looks like I can pick this up for $50 locally. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 136490153/
Stay away or go for it? No combo. How does locking mechanism work on this type? What type is this called?
Sorry for poor pic. All I have.

Thanks
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:08 am

Re: Unknown safe. Help. Buy or Not to buy.

The lug door needs to be turned to unlock it. The turning is blocked by the combination lock. The safe is quite rusted. That means the door might be stuck. Opening it and making it nicely usable is probably quite a lot of work. For some people that is fun, for most not. What type of person are you? If you are the fun type, try to get the price down more. I don't think he will get much interest by others.

PS: Don't think about interesting things inside that safe. There is just dirt inside.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:24 pm

Offer $40 (or less) just because it doesn't have the combo. Those lug doors with steering wheel were made by HHM, Mosler, and York.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

Tim Moisio

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:12 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:The lug door needs to be turned to unlock it. The turning is blocked by the combination lock. The safe is quite rusted. That means the door might be stuck. Opening it and making it nicely usable is probably quite a lot of work. For some people that is fun, for most not. What type of person are you? If you are the fun type, try to get the price down more. I don't think he will get much interest by others.

PS: Don't think about interesting things inside that safe. There is just dirt inside.

Thanks just the info I was looking.
<<

Tim Moisio

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:12 pm

bitbuster wrote:Offer $40 (or less) just because it doesn't have the combo. Those lug doors with steering wheel were made by HHM, Mosler, and York.

Thanks You
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:27 pm

bitbuster wrote:Offer $40 (or less) just because it doesn't have the combo. Those lug doors with steering wheel were made by HHM, Mosler, and York.

I think it is a Mosler.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:01 pm

So do I.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks