FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A new lock LiquidSecured by STUV

<<

Oliv

Post Sat May 04, 2019 10:50 am

A new lock LiquidSecured by STUV

A new swingbolt lock by STUV.

https://www.stuv.de/en_GB/safe-industry/swinglox/

Have you ever heard about using liquids to make a short circuit and open an electronic lock ?

Nice feature to avoid drilling from the spindle hole.

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat May 04, 2019 11:57 am

Re: A new lock LiquidSecured by STUV

The patent mentioned in their ad material is not a patent, but an utility model. This utility model just mentions the spindle hole protection, but doesn't claim anytime on it.
https://depatisnet.dpma.de/DepatisNet/d ... 16102422U1
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 06, 2019 4:40 pm

A very clever US safeman was opening stuff with liquids (high saline) to spike open electronic safe locks, but it was very hit and miss as to if it worked or not, so not really a dependable opening method. Also very messy.
<<

btraven

Post Fri May 10, 2019 9:27 am

safecracker33 wrote:A very clever US safeman was opening stuff with liquids (high saline) to spike open electronic safe locks, but it was very hit and miss as to if it worked or not, so not really a dependable opening method. Also very messy.

Do you have a link or reference for that, I'd like to read about it. I did a quick google search but didn't come up with anything relevant.
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 11, 2019 11:59 am

It is not something he would put out there for everyone to see / hear about. Most of it was through savta.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:54 am

https://youtu.be/aWToH5C4JKY
Have a look, is this the attack the lock is preventing?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Probably. I have heard this kind of attack is now part of the standard lock certification.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:50 pm

The patent given in the liquid protection ad is: https://patents.google.com/patent/DE102017124460B3/en
The PCB is there protected with a varnish against an influence by a liquid. The invention is the type of varnish used.

I wonder what is actually happening there. In a cheap Chinese lock I have here the motor driver is a L9110S. To drive the motor one input pin must be high, the other low. The IC construction is symmetric regarding both input pins. Doesn't seem likely to me that a liquid could create there a input signal difference.
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:24 pm

Yes similar idea to that, the latest attack I am hearing of is a two part binary liquid that both dissolves the varnish ? protective coating on the board and conducts power at the same time.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:01 pm

The varnish they use in the patent probably can be dissolved with an organic solvent. The 8550 has a relocker which is activated by temperature AFAIK. Now if that plug would be made from plastic there could be a solvent activated relocker.

The STUV TULOX doesn't have a motor driver IC. I guess the motor is then directly controlled by the microcontroller. Might be easier to be influenced.
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:05 pm

The 1500 euro tool shown apparently is shorting out a component on the boards and I am reliably informed the when the locks are mounted left shoot like in the video gravity gets the solution to this part, however when the locks are handed other than in the videos?

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks