FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Rosengrens safe-deposit lock?

<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 am

Rosengrens safe-deposit lock?

Does anyone know a lock from Rosengrens that has the front stamped with "24 KR"? Been trying to find one for examination or even just pictures of how it works, but nothing.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:19 pm

Re: Rosengrens safe-deposit lock?

I do have the two commen ones. I don't know what the imprint is, but I guess you are looking for a nonstandard one. The real Rosengrens are probably all a kund of disc detainer lock. The new Gunnebo is a very cheap 15-pin which is an extremely easy pick.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 pm

I do have this, in case you need photos http://www.safespares.co.uk/product/ros ... -141-0001/

On tools.nl or ao might be pdfs for Assa disc detainers which could contain photos of the Rosengrens.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:34 pm

the new replacement ones are easy pics, don't know of anyone that has picked one of the old style ones
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Robur also do a nice even smaller version
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:01 pm

I am sure the tool technology is there to open this lock non-destructively. I know someone who can open an RKL-10 which works similar. But I don't know if someone thought it worthwhile to actually build a tool for this lock. With the new model two wiper blade springs are tool enough. One to tension, one to rake.
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:24 pm

Pretty much anything could be done if you put in the time and effort, but if it is the rkl tool I am thinking of then it would be a lot harder to do on these due to the flat key style and very small access space.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks