FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cracked first safe for work.

<<

L4R3L2

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Cracked first safe for work.

I just cracked my first safe for work, and the boss is happy.

Gates were really difficult to see. Found low area (barely) and parked 1 & 2 there R and ran 3 around L, nothing.
Parked 1 & 2 at low area L and ran 3 around R. Found barely perceptible indication and went with it.
Ran 1 & 2 around R, 3 @ gate(?), found another slightly perceptible indication. High/low test pegged it on W2.
Doubtful, I brute forced W1 w. 2 & 3 on possible gates, and opened.
Took about an hour. Pretty sure it's an S&G 6730.

I was a bit worried on this one, as I knew it was important to prove myself to the boss. My boss had the owner of the safe go through the trouble of bringing the safe to the shop, so the pressure was really on. Now he's sure to incorporate safe manipulation on his menu of options for customers. Especially good, since we are the only locksmith company in the area that does safe work.

I want to throw a huge thank you out to Oldfast (again) for your great thread that got the ball rolling for me on this skill. Can't say enough about how much that thread helped to connect the dots. When the boss smiled and said he was impressed, I thought of you. Thank you!
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 pm

Re: Cracked first safe for work.

BRAVO! Great work! I hope this turns into dollar bills for you!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:32 am

:spinning: Great!
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:42 am

Congratulations! Fast time as well.
<<

SafecrackinSammmy

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:40 am

Nice!

Nothing like feeling the dial stop and swinging open that first door.. Makes all of the study and practice worthwhile...

Your hooked now ya know...
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:21 am

That's fantastic Terry!! :spinning:

Given your description... sounds like one of those spins where doubt can easily creep in and get the better of you, lol. But you know what you know, and pressed on. Nice. And you made good time - all the better in the boss' eye. Surely they'll start considering manipulation as good option for some cases.

L4R3L2 wrote:.....I want to throw a huge thank you out to Oldfast (again) for your great thread that got the ball rolling for me on this skill. Can't say enough about how much that thread helped to connect the dots. When the boss smiled and said he was impressed, I thought of you. Thank you!

Ultimately, it's your hard work and discipline. But I really appreciate this. It feels great to have helped some along the way!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

L4R3L2

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks, guys. He had the owner bring the safe into the shop. He said he wanted me to work on it during slack moments, between answering the phone, taking care of customers, stocking inventory, and going on service calls. This may be do-able on some locks, but on the more difficult locks I would need uninterrupted concentration to make for a reasonable opening. I need to talk with him about that. And, there are those safes that are bolted down, too, that cannot be brought in. I suppose those would be subjected to drilling if he won't have me manipulate off-site. There may also be legal restrictions regarding my manipulating a safe open off-site. I don't know.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:51 am

I have never seen a law stating by which methods lawful openings of safes were allowed. You probably could use dynamite to open a safe if you have all the permits to handle dynamite on site.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

L4R3L2

Post Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:18 am

MartinHewitt wrote:I have never seen a law stating by which methods lawful openings of safes were allowed. You probably could use dynamite to open a safe if you have all the permits to handle dynamite on site.

It may be a matter of my not being fully licensed yet. My application as an employee locksmith is still being processed.
<<

capt midnite

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:22 pm

well done , a great feeling and mile stone

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks