FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

384 C Bad security Safe & lock 2018

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:21 pm

384 C Bad security Safe & lock 2018

Zamak number 3 - the most used metal alloy in north America - not china the usa

with a melting point of 384c its low - naked flame not even needed

Damn silly making drive cams and safe lock parts I would say :???: what happened to brass and milling

cold and hot casting methods the norm looks like from now on ! worldwide in just a few years

LOOK at the temp on this standard plumbers tool I have for pipe work just laying around in the work room

required heat in minutes - melts what it touches .... this stuff is like butter lol :kickyoass:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Re: 384 C

So you want to stick it into a key hole?

When you buy a ... Mauer Primus C for 300 Euro, how can you expect it not to be Zamak?

Actually my favourite modern key lock series here are the cawi 18xx. Steel case, steel bolt, steel levers and CuNi key.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Re: 384 C Bad security - safe & lock 2018

MartinHewitt wrote:So you want to stick it into a key hole?
The cases are made from this stuff bolted onto the doors - No need to heat keyway

when you think about it the less than 1 inch thick door plates will do - Locks will slide right off :soldier:

Can not beat steel or brass engineered parts - guess im old fashioned in many ways its high profit margins that count martin

Unless a relocker or some other form of keeping the doors bolted is introduced - game over

Post up .... seen a safe lock ? with a zamak case on a container ? no re locker to speak of bad security

list of 2018 - worst safes & locks model Nu : make :
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 am

Re: 384 C Bad security Safe & lock 2018

To quote a famous book: "Poc || GTFO"

Sure it melts at quite low temp, but have you actually tested this? The amount of heat you must pour into the lock in short time is not coming from those plumbers pliers, as metals are very good heat conductors. Or even if you are able to melt the lock, how long does it take to actually get an opening?

And as you mentioned, there's relockers in higher grade safes for a reason. Couple different types are heat sensistive and will fire long before you are near the melting point of anything.

In my mind this is like complaining about those Sentry safes being not resistant to brute force or having a tubular key bypass. It's the very reason they are not rated for burglary standards. This is the old age question of "what is enough" in terms of securing something? The counter question is always "what are you trying to protect against", "how much money do you want/need/can spend" and "what other layers do you have in your security".

I'll end this with a notion of aluminum containing alloys that are very much destroyed with a few drops of gallium.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:20 am

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:I'll end this with a notion of aluminum containing alloys that are very much destroyed with a few drops of gallium.

Mercury?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:54 am

MartinHewitt wrote:
Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:I'll end this with a notion of aluminum containing alloys that are very much destroyed with a few drops of gallium.

Mercury?

I believe Jaakko is refering to this very interesting chemical reaction

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeghGhVdt9s[/youtube]
//why is this not working ?
link
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:44 am

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:To quote a famous book: "Poc || GTFO"

Sure it melts at quite low temp, but have you actually tested this? The amount of heat you must pour into the lock in short time is not coming from those plumbers pliers, as metals are very good heat conductors .

I'll end this with a notion of aluminum containing alloys that are very much destroyed with a few drops of gallium.

There would need to be a hole in the container - for this attack and would not be viable due to the long period of time it takes for gallium to work - changing particles etc
direct heat on a panel with bolts mounted is a much better way - red hot plate leading to a low temp alloy

POC II GTFO - Burning the locks and doors of safes is already tried and tested -

so proof of concept as been practised for many years ... get the fuck out could be quoted GTFO for many reasons

ie : Do not believe or think impossible ... Concept its not !
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 am

MartinHewitt wrote:

Mercury?
looks similar - silver in colour thought mercury was used in old thermostats and a poison
Mercury does act the same way as gallium - but do not get it on your skin
see pic :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:53 am

Werewolf wrote:
MartinHewitt wrote:

Mercury?

I believe Jaakko is refering to this very interesting chemical reaction

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeghGhVdt9s[/youtube]
//why is this not working ?
link

Its amazing how it works - been out along time changes the particle structure I believe of the alloy.. makes it like putty
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:18 pm

Didn't know gallium is even better than mercury.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm

I have drilled A LOT of safes. Sometimes to temperatures that melted the braze holding my carbide drill bit tip in place. Never have I melted anything in the container except the thermal fuse that is in many locks ( this is a pain in the butt ). Thank goodness I have never created that much heat in a container with a separate thermal fuse. Because finding relockers is not a sport for the meek! It may melt at those temperatures in a laboratory environment, but I have never seen it happen in the field.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Those small blobs of solder found in some locks - not a problem with no lock present

its the external re lockers fitted in high end safes - people are being ripped off with shitty locks & have no clue

will not fit them -and discourage anyone that does - do not buy this rubbish fit the best when possible

Bin the zamak - BIN THE ZAMAK LOL :D
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:51 pm

What are your favourite key / combination / electronic locks?
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:57 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:What are your favourite key / combination / electronic locks?

Anything chubb martin - the pork pie being my favourite lever lock - ban the zamak - BAN THE ZAMAK
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Pork pie? Are these locks still produced or have they vanished under Gunebo?
Next

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks