FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wilson safe

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Wilson safe

I saw this safe on Mpls Craigslist a few days ago. In its 1st listing the owner asked $50. About a week later it was listed as FREE. I 1st saw the free listing when it had been posted for only 6 hours. Not until it had been on for 23 hours did I then phone the owner and asked questions. Combo, or piece of paper that he 'thought' was the combo got lost some time ago. Claimed it was at least 300 lbs and could only be taken out the walk-out basement door. My son had a legit reason to be in the general area of the safe's location so I went with him to get it. The safe actually weighs about no more than 100+ lbs. Strapped it on a 2-wheeler and got it outside and up a snow filled yard and to front driveway and loaded into truck. As we brought it to the front driveway, a truck had been backed into the driveway and 2 guys were taking out a hand cart in anticipation of them getting the safe. The owner had thought my son and I were the 'other' guys that had called about it. Needless to say, they were pissed. On the way to get the safe we had called 3 times and no answer. The other guys must have called sometime while we were on the way. Owner got mixed up about who was who. Comes down to the fact that my son and I got there 1st. However, between the very 1st call to the owner and the day we went to get it, 00247 PM'd me of the safe. Although I knew about the safe already, it was his PM that prompted me to call the owner once again, of which I then got the address for the safe. Thanks 00247. The safe is still in the truck. It's currently a balmy -17. I'll wait for warmer temps to unload.
https://imgur.com/a/BvUe8
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Wilson safe

Good for you, Bitbuster. I have got beat out in a couple similar situations. All in the timing.

Once while visiting near Milwaukee I drove into the rough side of town for some advertised custom wheels. Another guy was loading them up as I arrived. This after I told the seller I was on the way. Wasn't the type of neighborhood to raise a stink and it was before concealed carry. Maybe for the best, they were probably stolen anyway.

Didn't matter, I've scored more than my share.
It is time... stand up for a constitutional America. Without it, we have shed blood in vain.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Re: Wilson safe

When my son and I called the owner 3 times and no answer or return call, we both got a weird feeling about it. It was odd because in my 1st chat with him, he said he was going to be home all day Thursday and all day Friday. We never said we were on our way. We just showed up. The timing just happened to be right.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks