FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Military field safe

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Military field safe

Purchased this Meilink military field safe at a live auction today. Safe was locked open, which was in my favor. The safe can be stacked (to other like containers) with help of built-in inserts on top and bottom. Pics describe what I did to get safe to work properly.

https://imgur.com/a/yER4Q
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Military field safe

Nice find!
I see these on Craig's list and e-bay occasionally. Priced around 85 to 150 dollars. I have a feeling you got a good deal.
What plans do you have for the safe now that it's been repaired? Back to the auction?
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:51 pm

jharveee wrote:Nice find!
I see these on Craig's list and e-bay occasionally. Priced around 85 to 150 dollars. I have a feeling you got a good deal.
What plans do you have for the safe now that it's been repaired? Back to the auction?

I may keep it for awhile or list it locally, or might put it back in a local auction.
<<

FaCe33

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:59 pm

Sweet find! How old do you think it is? What type of lock does it use? Reason I ask is I have a more recent version that I'm restoring and I was trying to get the history on them. Any additional info can help. If you check my posts under the newbies say hello section I believe there is picture of the model I came across.

Thanks for sharing!
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:13 pm

FaCe33 wrote:Sweet find! How old do you think it is? What type of lock does it use? Reason I ask is I have a more recent version that I'm restoring and I was trying to get the history on them. Any additional info can help. If you check my posts under the newbies say hello section I believe there is picture of the model I came across.

Thanks for sharing!

Both questions are answered in print under photos 3 and 6.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks