FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

1st Manipulation Ward 9007 safe on hold in learning curve

<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: 1st Manipulation Ward 9007 safe on hold in learning curv

Thanks! the Sentry Safe is next .

A question .

I sort of reinvented the method or system I used in manipulating the Ward's 9007 safe . At first it was all about the learning curve . I did my first graph on a slip of paper which I abandoned for a printed graph sheet out of a book. I did them the wrong way and fixed that but got into trouble following exsamples out of the available books doing Graph # 2 . I realized that I had to be really familiar with the wheel actions . Yes it would save time but was there something esle ?

Hi Low tests explanations also lead to confusion . I notice some combinations gave smaller readings than others .I used the L R L in the following .
I came up with 3 graphs centered around 42 12 60 or there abouts . I made graphs W#1 xx - 12 - 60 , W#2 42 - xx - 60 and W#3 42 - 12 - xx . I graphed 0 to 100 with the excepion of w#3's forbbidon contact point zone . I then noticed w#2 at 10 which I did over in 1 inc steps and it looked like a gate at 10 for sure . I finished the nex day Xmas eve .
The rest I alreeady posted . What method did I use ?

I'd like to call it "Battleship" from the board game . Notice the siularities ? :D
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Fritz the Cat wrote:.....A question.....

.....I used the L R L in the following. I came up with 3 graphs centered around 42 12 60 or there abouts.
I made graphs W#1 xx - 12 - 60 , W#2 42 - xx - 60 and W#3 42 - 12 - xx .....

.....What method did I use ?

I'd like to call it "Battleship" from the board game . Notice the siularities ? :D

Isolation. You were isolating wheels. i.e. running only one wheel while leaving
the others at a fixed location. That being said, "battleship" does seem to me a
little more catchy than isolation :D Maybe we should go with that instead.

I think it's great you're trying to learn all you can from your now open lock.
That's what I'd be doing. There's always plenty to learn & review afterwards.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:22 am

Fritz, btw. what Sentry do you have?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:41 pm

I'll get the Sentry in a day or two . Its next door in my brother in laws basement . I''ll have the model number then .

In a vidio I remember someone removed the cover . The lock mechanism was open unlike the last safe which had a box around the wheels . The mechnasim appears to go straight into the wheel pack and you can feel the wheels profile transmitted thru the "nose"then the handle . Like a telegraph . :ugeek:
Oldfast has an excellent thread which he came uo with a LASER rig attachment . The projrcted beam really shows the profiles and gates . You can graph the upand downs easy .

I just have to open the tubular lock first . There is someoneon ebay that will cut 2 keys for $20 USD if you sent the numbers on your safe .

I'd rather buy a Southord tumbular pick device , pick it and replace with another lock .

I'll start another thread soon .

Oh and I found a HUGE Diebold records safe . It stands 6 foot tall 2 front doors . The lock still turns andI can feel the wheels pick up but I couldn't find the contact points . They must be very light, hard to feel . I was standing in snow and leaning over a lawnmover so I coulnt do much . I didn't mention it but theres no combination :D Oh and the other handle is frozen and the doors rusted aroundthe edges .

Do you think it has a group 2 lock ? I wonder why I can't feel the contacts like on the Ward's safe .
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:16 pm

There is a book about Sentry manipulation "Safecracking 101". That Sentry might be your Sentry. It has on one wheel false gates, which will make life for you easier. (Opposite of the real gate is no false gate, so the large area without any gate indication is opposite of the real gate.) It has fixed flies.

Fritz the Cat wrote:I just have to open the tubular lock first .[/qote]
You should try a BIC pen.

Fritz the Cat wrote:Do you think it has a group 2 lock ? I wonder why I can't feel the contacts like on the Ward's safe .

My impression is that anything better is really rare. It might be that it is a direct fence like the Sentry.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Dec 24th 2016 . Its coming up to 3 years since I've opened this safe . Rereading this old thread brings back memorys but not enoughg . I stopped shortly after opening a Sargent & Greenleaf ? 6740 ? practice lock 5 times . The last manipulation finshed after about 400 contact readings or about 4 hours .

How long will it take to recover old ground. Going to finish the 6th manipulation to see where I'm at :smile:

'll be getting a new prctice lock . Any suggestions ?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:33 am

If it shall be more difficult then a LG6642 or a LG3330.
<<

Oldfast

Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Great to see ya back around to continue something I know you enjoyed.

Fritz the Cat wrote:....How long will it take to recover old ground.

Oh, probably not all too long I wouldn't think.
You'll be back where you were before ya know it.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks