FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

1st Manipulation Ward 9007 safe on hold in learning curve

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:20 am

Re: 1st Manipulation Ward 9007 safe on hold in learning curv

You might make yourself a Christmas present!

I am from Nuremberg. (For those of you who do not know Nuremberg, but just Bayern Muenchen: It is about 200km north of Munich.) So we could chat also in Germany?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:47 am

The winter solistice is here with xmas around the corner and the safe has become part of the living room decoration . I have a nice set of graphs now.
There is a seperate graph for each wheel . The 3 graphs share a small contact area between the points of only 9.5 increments. I'll upload them later .The three wheels are all different . W#3 has the large peak at 17 . W#2 , the two graph lines resemble a barrel. W#1 is shaped like an hourglass with a little hill around 20 . The graphs will be interesting I hope ?

I might be looking in the wrong places for the gates . Does a gate have to be at the lowest spot on the wheel ? Can a gate be on a gradual hill ? Or on top ?

I still haven't made a vernier scale for the dial . I have the program to print it .
Its time for improvments in my gear . :smile: :prybar:

Martin , Are there any interesting books on locksmithing in German ? Such as lock picking . Are you familiar with the SS dev lock sport group ?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:00 pm

I will be interested in any graph you show us!

Generally a gate can be everywhere on a gradual low spot or on a gradual high spot. In your case it is probably on a gradual low spot because of the flash. In any case may it be a gradual low or gradual high or just flat area there must be a localized low spot. It should be just a few numbers. The "trick" is to find the lowest spot which is the all three wheels in the correct position to unlock the lock. A high spot on one wheel makes it impossible to read other wheels. So even with these gradual low and high areas it is better to have a wheel at a low area. Also with false gates one of the false gates is chosen and then optimized for lower false gates where the lowest is then the real gate. But that is not your problem.

I wouldn't call it familiar, but I know the club and I sent my membership application. I probably won't have much to do with them, but a bit support for them can't hurt.

Btw. I opened for the first time my 6730! So I am now exerienced! :razz:

Martin Hewitt
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:29 am

Re: 1st Manipulation Ward 9007 Safe ITS OPENED ! MERRY Xmas!

:combolock: :combolock: :smile: :hbg: ITS OPENED ! :D :soldier: :drool:

70 10 65 I SHOULD HAVE HAD THIS SOONERR YAAAAAAA!

Pics coming !!!!

I lined up my 3 graphs at the red lines and started dialing in numbers near the red . Previoys I maked up the graph of wheel 2 and found the gate at 10 !! Nice square gate . You can see the red marking on the graph attached to thre safe- with a magnet . I didn't find the other gates as precisely but I knew they could be in the center of the low spots on graph . So it wa 69 10 64 , 68 10 66 etc . Getting closer that the 9.5 inc bench mark . When it started getting below 9.25 I started to get excited then a measyrement of only 9 !! Then bang weirdnedd on feeling the CP's . Trying to figure out how it was supposed to work . I was all book knowledge and theroy just lookig for anything Then bang .

I dialed in 70 10 65 and moved tothe contacta area. Weird feeling. Whats going on I thought . NOI couldent be this easy ?m Not knowing how a combinationn lock works didn't help . So I moved the dial right past the contacts to 90 . DEAD STOP ???? Really?? Turn handle and IT OPENNED UP !

Nothing inside but so what I got a woking safe .

I need another safe :combolock:

Now to do a "Gutting " Coming up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fritz the Cat on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:58 am

Great, Fritz! Now you have your Christmas present which I predicted.
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:12 pm

That a way to hang in there ! I'm glad you safe guys have the patients to do the manipulations, me, I'll stay with my padlocks. Merry Christmas
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Re:Manipulation Ward 9007 Safe. ITS OPEN !! Merry XMAS

Thanks Guys . Merry xmas everyone ! :D

This proves that someone starting out new to manipulation can accomplish ann opening . It took me 1 month and 10 days working on it every day for at least 1 hour dial work with a lot of reading and help from a group like ours .

I really appreciate this site .Its members are world wide yet focused on an esoteric art such as ours.

Now I mount my 6700 series lock . Coming soon on another thread. :D

More pics coming of inside lock :salute:
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Congrats, you earned yourself a nice present this year :D
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:46 pm

The safe is cool ,a material thing , I've grown fond of it and I'm planning a spectacular paint job . Since it was made in 1976 the Bi-Centtenial Year of the USA I was thinking of a red white and blue motif .

The real present is my new skill . I can now be confident in trying group 2 locks. Merry xmas indeed .
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:54 pm

Congratulations!
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Pics coming up . Inside safe door closeupof lock and closing mechanism . Pics of wheel pack , gates and flash evident on wheels , set on open .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:23 pm

Fritz, the wheel at the back plate should be wheel 1. The stack is mounted reverse of that in the 6730 as the cam is to the front of the safe.

This safe has a relocker! So they must have planned some burglary resistance. You probably have some construction to do if you want to make the relocker work with the 6730. The 6730 has a relocker built in, but that is rather easily bypassed. Important with a safe of this size is to bolt it thoroughly down if it is possible (i.e. it has one or more proper holes for this) and is not thoroughly bolted down yet.

Locking forward to your painting.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: 1st Manipulation Ward 9007 Safe ITS OPENED ! MERRY Xmas!

Fritz the Cat wrote:.....I dialed in 70 10 65 and moved tothe contacta area. Weird feeling. Whats going on I thought . NOI couldent be this easy ?m Not knowing how a combinationn lock works didn't help . So I moved the dial right past the contacts to 90 . DEAD STOP ???? Really?? Turn handle and IT OPENNED UP !

Ah man! FANTASTIC :spinning: Very excited for you!!
You sure payed your dues on this one and learned
a ton while doing it. What a satisfying feeling no doubt.

Oldfast wrote:You have two prevalent peaks spanning from about 15-25 and the other, 55-65.
Approx. peak centers: 20 & 60. So the gates will land roughly around 70 and 10.

Also exciting for me to see your lock & wheels reacted similar to the few I've dealt with!
I still don't think this will ALWAYS be the case, but sure is a good tid-bit for the tool bag.

Fritz the Cat wrote:I need another safe :combolock:

Hahaaaa!...... and so it begins.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Fritz the Cat

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:54 am

Wow ! Youare right . I remember that post 70 10 {xx} . You suggested that first and the idea of identifing the wheel by the peaks . Cool.

At the end Iremember deciding to start diling in combos staring at [67]-10-[67] then 68 10 66 , 69 10 65 , 70 10 64 ?? Cp's openning up ? 70 10 65 weird feeling ?? then an exploring move turn further righr DEAD STOP .wow

I called my son , woke everybody up in the house ans for the grand opening everyone witnessed .......nohing but dust .. :D

Still thinking of the event
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:46 pm

congrats on your safe opening, fritz !!!!
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks