FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LaGard 3330

<<

MeddlingKid

Post Sun May 26, 2024 10:30 pm

LaGard 3330

Well, I have the unfortunate task of trying to open a LaGard 3330. I have identified the right contact point somewhere between 5-6 and the left contact point somewhere just under 99. I graphed the right contact point and came up with a chart. Looks like a high point at 26 and another range of high points from 36-44. I have read through many threads but am a little lost on where I should take things from here. Would very much appreciate any suggestions from posters here experienced with this lock.
Last edited by MeddlingKid on Thu May 30, 2024 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 26, 2024 10:58 pm

Re: LaGard 3330

MeddlingKid wrote:Well, I have the unfortunate task of trying to open a LaGard 3330. I have identified the right contact point somewhere between 5-6 and the left contact point somewhere just under 99. I graphed the right contact point and came up with the chart below. Looks like a high point at 26 and another range of high points from 36-44. I have read through many threads but am a little lost on where I should take things from here. Would very much appreciate any suggestions from posters here experienced with this lock.

Unfortunate task? If it's unfortunate, why not hire a locksmith to open your safe? Or what is the task exactly? Maybe tell us a bit about your safe/situation, I'm kind of curious now haha.
<<

MeddlingKid

Post Mon May 27, 2024 8:00 am

I say unfortunate task because this is my first lock manipulation and based on what I have read here these can be a bit of a challenge. But I do like puzzles and am excited to solve this. Would prefer to open it myself vs calling a locksmith.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 27, 2024 10:16 pm

MeddlingKid wrote:I say unfortunate task because this is my first lock manipulation and based on what I have read here these can be a bit of a challenge. But I do like puzzles and am excited to solve this. Would prefer to open it myself vs calling a locksmith.

I'd take a look through oldfast safe chronicles here and get used to parking wheels. Then park stuff around 92 probably.
<<

MeddlingKid

Post Tue May 28, 2024 12:23 pm

I looked through the Oldfast chronicles and I am attempting to use the high/low approach, but will need to determine which points to start with.
Last edited by MeddlingKid on Thu May 30, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MeddlingKid

Post Wed May 29, 2024 1:44 pm

I have tried parking wheels at 90, 92, 93 without any gate signature or further low points worth investigating. I may start from scratch and do another AWL chart, find the low points, and start trying to isolate wheels again.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 29, 2024 7:21 pm

MeddlingKid wrote:I have tried parking wheels at 90, 92, 93 without any gate signature or further low points worth investigating. I may start from scratch and do another AWL chart, find the low points, and start trying to isolate wheels again.

The graphs looked flat whichever wheel you placed there, or did some of them still have a shape? All succeeding graphs being flat is very unexpected. I would suspect if so that you did something incorrectly in your previous graph. Perhaps rescanning is best
<<

MeddlingKid

Post Thu May 30, 2024 12:18 am

Cheesehead wrote:
MeddlingKid wrote:I have tried parking wheels at 90, 92, 93 without any gate signature or further low points worth investigating. I may start from scratch and do another AWL chart, find the low points, and start trying to isolate wheels again.

The graphs looked flat whichever wheel you placed there, or did some of them still have a shape? All succeeding graphs being flat is very unexpected. I would suspect if so that you did something incorrectly in your previous graph. Perhaps rescanning is best

They were all pretty flat - Mostly within 1/4 of an increment. I re-ran the AWL graph and saw a very slight dip that I then ran a high/low test on which pointed toward wheel 2. But then when I tried to determine wheel 3, the graph was again flat (within 1/4 of an increment).

What am I doing incorrectly as I would have expected more variation.
<<

Cheesehead

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 31, 2024 5:59 am

MeddlingKid wrote:
Cheesehead wrote:

They were all pretty flat - Mostly within 1/4 of an increment. I re-ran the AWL graph and saw a very slight dip that I then ran a high/low test on which pointed toward wheel 2. But then when I tried to determine wheel 3, the graph was again flat (within 1/4 of an increment).

What am I doing incorrectly as I would have expected more variation.

Mostly within a quarter of an increment, meaning some stuff wasn’t? I wouldn’t mind seeing that. Hard to tell what’s happening with so little information.

Until you find a gate the choices to make now will be much more subtle.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks