FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Anyone with ITL-2000?

<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Anyone with ITL-2000?

Hello

If anyone happens to have an ITL-2000, I would like to get some information regarding its speed and dialing sequence. I'm not a fan of marketing terms hyped everywhere and just don't believe the sentence "all combinations in 36 hours" without some actual data.

Speed
1. Please select the fastest speed possible, set it to dial all the numbers on W1 & W2 and set W3 to be dialed between 20-90. Set the step to one number at a time. From what combination it starts dialing and how long it takes for it to dial per W2 step? (this is to get an idea on the actual speed of the machine)

Dialing sequence
In what order the machine dials the test combinations if given the following parameters? This is to confirm a couple of things.

W1 = 51 to 53
W2 = 53 to 51
W3 = 68
step = 1 number

And no, I don't need the information to build a similar machine, as I already have it and its working, I'm just trying to gather actually accurate information instead of the same marketing hype that I've heard from every other source and which I believe to be incorrect.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:07 am

Re: Anyone with ITL-2000?

Nobody has this or nobody has a friend that has this? Come on guys and girls, I've seen them around in many places.
<<

lockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:06 am

I have 2 firends with this machine I can ask
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:09 pm

I don't have access to one currently. But from what I remember, it dials at about 1 number per second. I think the "all" combination thing is misleading. If dialing every 2 numbers instead of every 1 or 1.5 numbers. Then 36 hours is correct.

Again, that is from memory. Hopefully someone that currently has one will chime in.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:08 am

Don't know much about this - but as its a expensive piece of kit & will most likely be used only by safe - techs
The average locksmith will not invest - if he or she only does a few safes a year
I read somewhere MASTER lockmiths in the usa - will leave machine over night so would guess its a long drawn out process

Now having said that - and am sure it does what it says on label ie : open safes
would I want to leave this at a customers house - building over night as most locked safes are bolted down & can not be taken back to the workshop - Time is a factor for sure

ringo
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:26 am

Thanks guys if you can find the information I'm needing :)

10ringo10 wrote:Now having said that - and am sure it does what it says on label ie : open safes
would I want to leave this at a customers house - building over night as most locked safes are bolted down & can not be taken back to the workshop - Time is a factor for sure

That's one reason I'm building my own, as it has more advanced features in it. It also requires a PIN to operate and has means of protecting the safe, i.e. it can lock it after finding the right combo and not display it before a PIN is given. Also it has auxiliary outputs that can be connected to a GSM unit or something similar to alert the owner that the dialing is complete.

The price is of course on par with ITL-2000 ;)
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Anyone has had the time to ask/look?
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:27 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Anyone has had the time to ask/look?
<<

kerti

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:33 am

Try to email to authors of this video:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BGyTI5k7R0[/youtube]
http://www.safe-cracker.co.uk/
<<

C locked

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:51 pm

jaako
Unless your machine dials the wheels to lock the safe ( scatter the wheels)
[Something like 6 times right]
then
Surely someone just removing the machine will be able to back dial
( thank you mr feynmann) the last number to unlock
As with the itl
Would love to see your design in completion
As im sure itll be a superior tool like everything you produce
purposeful and professional

Rereading that
From what i remember the dialing sequence was as one would when manipulating
Ie progress 3rd wheel first then dial 2nd then 1st
Backdialing so as to not dial whole combo each time
But another thing i remember The itl had an issue with its fastest speed and wheels freewheeling
On safes with loose free wheels
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:08 am

C locked wrote:jaako
Unless your machine dials the wheels to lock the safe ( scatter the wheels)
[Something like 6 times right]
then
Surely someone just removing the machine will be able to back dial
( thank you mr feynmann) the last number to unlock
As with the itl
Would love to see your design in completion
As im sure itll be a superior tool like everything you produce
purposeful and professional

Rereading that
From what i remember the dialing sequence was as one would when manipulating
Ie progress 3rd wheel first then dial 2nd then 1st
Backdialing so as to not dial whole combo each time
But another thing i remember The itl had an issue with its fastest speed and wheels freewheeling
On safes with loose free wheels

Yes, my machine can relock the lock completely if wanted and also locks itself too.

I know how the ITL does dialing, but I'm interested in knowing in what exact order it goes through the example combinations I gave as I have a suspicion on a certain detail. I just want to confirm if the ITL is at all intelligent.

On my machine you can set any maximum speed and acceleration you want and it has two potentiometers to adjust the % of maximum for any given job.

Here is a sample video of my dialer in action, testing out various thinsg. First it dials 8 factory default combinations that have been saved to its memory (user changeable), then it starts running all the combinations in steps of 2 and starting from dates, which is the reason why it skips large portions of numbers once in a while. Near the end of the video I'm giving it new max speed and acceleration values through the serial connection, you can hear from the sound the change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7SpmBIgkdk

And all the while it is dialing, it is estimating the time remaining to complete and also shows how many combinations it has dialed and how much is remaining. And did I mention that it knows to resume dialing from the point it was left if power cuts out? ;)

Current state for the machine is that the software needs a bit of tweaking to be able to change the settings withot a computer and I will have to figure out a good case for the whole machine. Probably will go with a Pelican case so it won't break no matter what.

So if somebody wants a tool, I'm open for business :)
<<

Hopkins92529

Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 am

What happened with this tool?

Are you now actively selling it?
<<

M4estro

Post Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:31 am

Hopkins92529 wrote:What happened with this tool?

Are you now actively selling it?

We are working on a similar tool. First commercial version will be available in about a month or two. The prototype was shown about a year ago on LockFest.

The functionality is much better than in ITL 2000 and the newer and more expensive QX 3 Combi. There are several dialing modes for various situations where you have partial information about the combination. You can automatically relock the lock after combo is found, lock the device or pause the dialing and switch off the device completely so you can come back the next day and continue the dialing process.

It doesn't require a computer or tablet to run. It has its own LED display and controls.

The final price is not set yet, but it will cheaper than the ITL 2000. PM me if you are interested in more details.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks