FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Fichet Safe Deposit Box Door - Need a Banker's Key

<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:13 am

Fichet Safe Deposit Box Door - Need a Banker's Key

Got a Fichet monopole safe deposit box door with the monopole client key. Perfect working order, but no banker's key for the right side lever lock.

I'd like to find a blank to suit the banker's lock, or a ready cut key I might be able to rearrange the lever pack to suit.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'd pray I can get an original blank or key, but these are no doubt a rare find.

Pics and some (not exact) measurements for the blank: http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/_MrAn ... osit%20Box

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:39 am

Re: Fichet Safe Deposit Box Door - Need a Banker's Key

I have no blanks sorry. Unrelated thought: by looking at the pictures it seems that you should lift the levers all together of about two millimeters to pick the lock. If this is true, it may be possible to glue all the levers and then lift them to open the guard side of the lock. Or you may get an impression of the resting levers and make a key with the same heights translated higher on the key.
The client key is a completely different story...

Great find :)
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:14 am

Thanks femurat. Much appreciated.

If my hunt for a key or blank doesn't work out, I'll be messing around with impressioning for sure. I would be so happy to find the original though. I think I'll be emailing Alex and Jimmi soon to see if they have an idea for that.

femurat wrote:I have no blanks sorry. Unrelated thought: by looking at the pictures it seems that you should lift the levers all together of about two millimeters to pick the lock. If this is true, it may be possible to glue all the levers and then lift them to open the guard side of the lock. Or you may get an impression of the resting levers and make a key with the same heights translated higher on the key.
The client key is a completely different story...

Great find :)

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:24 am

Any idea of the stem outer diameter ?
I may have something that will fit.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks, Wolf.

I don't have it with me at the moment, but I'd say the outer diameter probably sits in that recess at the bottom of the post, but I'm unsure since marks of rotation can be seen just outside of that recess on the back plate.

It can't have a diameter that would impede the bolt at the back, so I'd say an outer diameter of 4 or 4.5mm would do it.

The inner diameter of the post is 3mm. I'd say then the outer diameter is 4mm.

Many thanks.

Werewolf wrote:Any idea of the stem outer diameter ?
I may have something that will fit.

MrAnybody's Locks

<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:35 pm

this is what i used: http://www.mrlock.com/key-blanks-1/anti ... -style-66g

problem is that the flag is just HUGE and i had to cut a lot away. it didn't come out pretty, but it works.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks