FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

SLAYMAKER

<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: SLAYMAKER

This is an incredible write up, thanks a ton oldfast! Loved every bit of it and can't wait to work with the couple of slaymakers I ended up with after a intoxicated Friday night on ebay.
<<

pmaxey83

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Awesome write up!! Makes me want to attempt some manipulation !
jeffmoss26: pardon my ignorance to the real world, but what started all this mess in B'more
jeffmoss26: it's bad enough that city has the Ravens

(14:36:27) MBI: I was here for 2 seconds once.
(14:36:27) MBI: kthxbai
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed it.

jimylongs wrote:....and can't wait to work with the couple of slaymakers I ended up with after a intoxicated Friday night on ebay.

lol... Can't wait to see photos of some slayed Slaymakers :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:56 pm

This has to be the cheapest of cheap Slaymakers that there are, but it was still fun :) It was part of a "Lot of locks" sell off of ebay a few months ago.
IMG_4590.JPG

The combo ended up being 1-5-10
Even though I've read Oldfasts documents on Slaymakers, my terminology is going to probably be incorrect somewhere or everywhere.
I started out just spinning the dial without thinking for a minute or two, just getting a feel of it. I started out by putting tension on the shackle by pulling it and spinning the dial right (AWR ?). Doing this, 5 was the only thing that felt "different". Maybe like grindey.. That's probably not even a word.. Anywho, I then stopped it on 12 (I think I can say I parked 1W and 2W on 12?) and 9.1 felt "something" (before picking up 2W. I kept turning the wheel left and felt/heard a click between 5-6. It stopped pretty hard at 4. I believe at this time I was thinking in my head that maybe 5 was part of the combo. Now that I think back on it, 5 couldn't be on 1W because it was parked. So it either had to be on wheel 2 or 3.
I cleared the lock AWR, parked the 1W at 3 (1/4 of the wheel) then felt left. This time there was a definite gap? felt between 9-11 (before the dial was turned a full rotation left). Kept dialing past a full turn and didn't feel anything around 6 but it stopped again at 4. I then cleared the dial, parked 1W at 6, felt nothing by 9-11 and felt a click at around 6 and stop at 4. In my head I was thinking, maybe 5 and 10 are part of the combo... So I cleared the lock, parked 1W at 1, dialed Left, felt the gap between 9-11, kept going to 5. It clicked at 5, I dialed right (so 2W is parked?) and it popped open at 10.
I kind feel like I didn't earn it, like I got lucky. :/ I'll keep playing with it a bit more and see if I can learn more of Oldfasts techniques a bit better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Oldfast

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:06 am

:spinning: JimyloooOOOOooongs. Very good :D
jimylongs wrote:.....I then stopped it on 12 (I think I can say I parked 1W and 2W on 12?) and 9.1 felt "something" (before picking up 2W.
I kept turning the wheel left and felt/heard a click between 5-6. It stopped pretty hard at 4......

Perfect! By parking 1&2 @ 12, you've taken these wheels out of the equation - they're not moving.
So when you went left, w3 is the ONLY wheel moving. The gate @10 undoubtedly belongs to w3.

X - X - 10

And here, when you found 5, you were rotating ONLY wheels 2&3 around.
**W1 was not moving. **W3's gate you know is a 10 (nothing to do with 5).
So you can undoubtedly tag the gate found @ 5 to wheel 2.
X - 5 - 10

As simple as these locks are, it can be a bit of a mind-boggler at first keeping track of
what's moving and what's not. But the more you play the simpler it is in your head.
Great job Jimy... & thanks for sharing!
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:59 pm

For $2.81 each, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add to my little pile of Slaymaker combos :D
These guys didn't last long, lol. They both were opened in about the same amount of time it took
me to walk out to the mailbox to get em'. They're ready to be hung somewhere in the lock room.

RED DIAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An all wheels right (AWR) rotation brings me to a solid stop at exactly 9. TC: 8 1/2
This we know is w2's gate found with a non-traditional direction (right). Converting it brings us to left 10

I then switch directions going left & quickly hit a drop & stop from 5.2 - 4.3. TC: 5
This gate obviously belongs to wheel 3... it's the only wheel moving. Wheels 1&2 are still parked @ R9.

And just that quickly... AWR followed by a partial rotation AL... we've obtained 2 #'s.

:???: - L10 - R5

Brute forcing wheel 1 -- I begin my search at 11. It opens at 4

11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4 - 10 - 5

BLACK DIAL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other lock responded & opened to the same movements as the first.
Rather than be redundant... we'll just short hand what happened here.

AWR ...... Stop @ 9 ...... TC: 8 1/2

1+2 park R9 ... 3 AL produces a D&S: 7.3 - 6.2 ... TC: 7

:???: - L10 - R7

11, 12, 1, 2 - 10 - 7
<<

just1pick+open

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Love those slaymakers...see them a lot living here near the old factory in Lancaster PA...good stuff :D
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

Oldfast

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Ah! That'd be great. I'd love to see some in use around here.
Unfortunately that's not the case. In fact, I've never seen any
out in the wild that were actually being used. Not here anyway.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks