FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:15 pm

Re: What have you picked today

jeffmoss26 wrote:brand new Master Commercial Magnum picked:

Hmm. First I've seen of that one. Must be really new. Nice pickin'!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:22 am

femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mrdeus

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Nothing special. I picked up my first wafer lock when I couldn't find any warded padlocks the other day. Very easy to pick. I also got a new "certified" Cocraft lock. I had one just like it, but it broke.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Picked up this Brass Corbin Rock Island Lines Signal padlock last week in a junk shop. Finally got around this afternoon to picking it open. I need a key blank, I think it's a ILCO #1000DA. Anyone have a spare blank or 2 or 3 they want to get rid of ? Or is there anyone of you that would like to impression a key for me ?
Thanks, Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Movin' on up that Abloy food chain! Abloy Exec :cool:

<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Today I got a Christmas present. It's an Indian trick lock. Dunno if it counts as picking, but I did open it. I'm not showing it open because it would spoil the trick. It took me a few minutes that I enjoyed very much.

I see many cool locks picked on this thread. Congrats to you all!

Cheers :)
<<

Geir

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:46 am

Well, since coming back to my locks, I've found I really need to focus my skills.
I can open simple padlocks and simple locks, no problem, but security pins are something else.
What I can pick, I'll honestly put down to a bit of luck...

I dug out my trusty TrioVing practice lock and set it up with 3 pins, 1 std and 2 barrels/spools.
After getting comfortable with that, I've now added a new serrated pin in 4th pos.
Image Image

Std key-pins, so no to over-do the challenge.
<<

Oldfast

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Femurat.... that thing is too cool! Neat present.

Gier.... look at those sexy barrel pins. Oh yeah.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:25 am

Flipping thru these posts makes me realize I have been out of this way too Long. I have got to go on the hunt for a new lock. Nice Locks and picking guys.
<<

mrdeus

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:51 am

Geir wrote:Well, since coming back to my locks, I've found I really need to focus my skills.
I can open simple padlocks and simple locks, no problem, but security pins are something else.
What I can pick, I'll honestly put down to a bit of luck...

I dug out my trusty TrioVing practice lock and set it up with 3 pins, 1 std and 2 barrels/spools.
After getting comfortable with that, I've now added a new serrated pin in 4th pos.
Image Image

Std key-pins, so no to over-do the challenge.

Nice. Which pick did you use? Hook 7?
Your post gave me an idea. Maybe I should remove some pins from my similar looking Elite lock just to get me started and build some confidence.
<<

Geir

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:47 am

mrdeus wrote:Nice. Which pick did you use? Hook 7?
Your post gave me an idea. Maybe I should remove some pins from my similar looking Elite lock just to get me started and build some confidence.

Used a Hook 1 that time.
That's the precise reason I did just that. Build confidence and practice.
I'm still @ 4 pins, but I keep re-arranging the drivers and changing the springs so it's not the same all over.

I also bought the Sparrows reload kit, which includes keys, key pins, springs and a number of drivers.
The keys in that match the keyway in a cylinder I've got, so I've now switched to that particular cylinder for better practice.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Got this lock yesterday and picked it open a few times, key retaining. Closed it up, tried to pick it today...NOTHIN'

femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:11 pm

"Elite" (DORMA low-cost brand)

I have had this bastard sitting in my naughty box basically forever... I had assumed it was something like the DC500 inside and I just wasn't getting a false set because of oversetting things when working the warding. After seeing a gutshot here though ( viewtopic.php?p=109733#p109733 , thanks mrdeus!) I decided to give it another go. And well, open at last, but took me longer than the average for new pin tumbler flavours...
This thing is definitely tricky! Tricky warding (ended up poking from the little "ledge" down to the right with a small hook so it might very well not work with a different bitting), tricky pinning (deep serrations AND torpedo key pins - unusual combo if nothing else!), and some countermilling to top it off (not sure how much it does but this is definitely trickier than your average serrated pin lock).
Maybe not a higher "minimum time to open" than Alfa/Gege (KABA brands with serrated pins) but definitely harder to get open the first time. Plus the torpedo pins should give some difficulties impressioning it.
Not bad for 198SEK! (USD 21.86 according to WolframAlpha) I guess tumbl3r was right about Sweden/Scandinavia overflowing with good locks :).

PS. Rumor has it that Swedish locksmiths are royally pissed at DORMA for dumping a shitload of high-quality approved (SSF/SBSC Klass 3) locks on the do-it-yourself-on-the-cheap market :) I can see why... These are by the way sold by Biltema, not known for its great quality, but the same place that used to sell those "second tier" ASSAs. These are definitely harder to pick.
By the way, Biltema still has some 7 pinners with the same profile as the ASSAs but they aren't 'approved' so I assume it's those really crappy ones with all regular pins that you can rake easily.
<<

whizdumb

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Abus 75IB/50 Key Retaining picked with a Spooxe Right Curved Flag. And Yea the Spooxe Set is a pricey but awesome set. Totally worth it if you're into dimple locks.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

mrdeus

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:30 am

Patrick Star wrote:This thing is definitely tricky!

Definitely tricky. I took out a few pins and thought I had it figured out, but then I went a week without lock picking and now I can't pick it again.

whizdumb wrote:Abus 75IB/50 Key Retaining picked with a Spooxe Right Curved Flag. And Yea the Spooxe Set is a pricey but awesome set. Totally worth it if you're into dimple locks.

Been thinking about trying out dimple picking, but I've only seen a handful dimple locks around here - that Abus is one of them.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking