FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Framon 2 owners- Request for picture of left side belt cover

<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Framon 2 owners- Request for picture of left side belt cover

Can anyone give me a pic of the belt cover from the left side straight on and from straight above and the outer dimensions, I need to cut a new one on the cnc out of aluminum. I was gonna order a new one but it is 110 plus shipping think I can cut one easy instead
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 am

Re: Framon 2 owners- Request for picture of left side belt c

We are making progress on refurb, can anyone tell me what the wiring diagram is for these though?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:18 am

These images are from my machine - hopefully it's clear what's going on. I don't think this piece has to be too precise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:25 pm

Thank you tpark, working on the design in fusion, never worked with sheet metal feature gonna take a little learning curve
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 pm

final designs, just waiting on cnc to arrive in mail
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:21 pm

MrPharmer2012 wrote:final designs, just waiting on cnc to arrive in mail

Good job! my inclination would be to make it out of steel - For a one time job I would cut the shapes out of sheet metal and braze it together. If you like, I can get a piece of paper and carefully trace the shape out and send it to you. It's not that I'm averse to using computers in design, but it's probably quicker to make the guard with a sheet of steel and a pair of tin snips. If you have a brake, the bends might be easier but I bet you could do a good enough job with a block of wood and a hammer. The Framon 2 machine is very precisely made, however this particular piece is clearly a guard and not made to the same degree of precision as the rest of the machine. I'll measure the thickness of the material and determine the actual material - it seemed like steel to me but I never actually stuck a magnet to it to make sure. Now I'm curious.

Return to Professional Locksmiths