FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Abus RK Series 3-in-1 Pick (The Triplicator)

<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Abus RK Series 3-in-1 Pick (The Triplicator)

I decided to knock up a dedicated Abus pick. This will tension from the front, rear or anywhere in the middle of the lock, making it suitable for every incarnation of the Abus Granit/Plus family.

If you want to tension from the rear then the one picking tip sits behind the tensioner at the rear of the lock and the front tip does the picking. To tension from the front, the one picking tip just sits on the outside of the lock and the deep tip does the picking. Then you can go anywhere in-between with a pick either side.

Does it work though? :hbg: :hbg:
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Abus RK Series 3-in-1 Pick (The Triplicator)

As always, very cool to see your work, hux. No doubt you'll be dealing with more than a few PMs on how much and when :smile: Good on yer, mate :hbg:

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Great! What diameter has the outer tube?

I am waiting for a 1.8mm wire to arrive, so that I can make together with a 3mm tube a pick.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:25 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:Great! What diameter has the outer tube?

I am waiting for a 1.8mm wire to arrive, so that I can make together with a 3mm tube a pick.

Most probably 3 mm tube, as that is the largest you can with inside the lock.

Nice work hux :)
<<

huxleypig

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:
MartinHewitt wrote:Great! What diameter has the outer tube?

Most probably 3 mm tube, as that is the largest you can with inside the lock.

Nice work hux :)

Exactly! 3mm OD on the outer-most tube. Use as much space as possible.
<<

Noctis Motus

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:26 pm

I like it! A task I'll need to accomplish one of these days as I've recently been handed one of those Abus Granit/x-Plus beasties. Great idea to give yourself the option of picking old and new beasties with the one pick.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Using all the space with the 3 mm tube also helps keeping the pick straight in the key hole.

You made a very nice pick, as usual!

Cheers :)
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:27 pm

[quote="femurat"]Using all the space with the 3 mm tube also helps keeping the pick straight in the key hole

have you seen the circular ring popped over the abus pick for this reason - looks like a additional after thought to stop pick moving - rocking when entered into keyway - I had wondered what it was untill I came across a french vid today on the tube
we we we looked because of HP,s topic ... great idea a true genius :razz: 3 in 1 Abus pick mark one

Happy new year
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:07 am

Happy New year to you too, Ringo! No I haven't seen the video, but the concept is clear. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers :)
<<

huxleypig

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:09 pm

I know the little adaptor. The problem I have with it is that it can't be too tight around the outer pick arm because the pick need to come out of the lock (as well as in) and it pulls the adaptor out with it. So if you make it well fitting to the outer OD and loose in the middle, its benefits are reduced. And yet I do not really see any other way with a 3-in-1 because you never can tell which arms will be fixed. Stabilising the pick whilst picking disc detainers is a big thing for me though. I went to great lengths to do it on the Abloy Classic pick. If only there were a way to have a reliable 2-in-1 for every Abus...

And yes Ringo, this is just the 1st prototype, it will change I am sure. It has no decoding marks, no bells, no whistles. :cool:
<<

cocolitos

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Nice tool !!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCocolitos?feature=mhee
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm

damn huxley does it again..nice work man. crazy, i was going thru my lock collection for the first time in a long while and came upon that same abus that ate up a dozen hours of my time before realizing there was a reason i could never set that last gate :stupid: really cool design though congrats on defeating it
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.

Return to Abus