FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Screen size adjustment

<<

Visitor

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:18 am

Screen size adjustment

Hi guys,
Sorry I can not find a general chatter or site issue reporting section, maybe I've looked right at it but anyways,

I'm starting to visit now and again but unfortunately on my phone your advertising banners make the forum smaller on screen because their sizing and spacing is slightly wrong.

Yes I can zoom in on every page but it's getting tedious.

I just thought I would mention it.

Screen shot is how it's displayed on the phone screen before I zoom in to make it fit the screen better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 am

Re: Screen size adjustment

Turn your phone sideways. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Visitor

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:39 am

That is with my phone sideways, never understood people who use their phone vertical while on the internet. I see looking at your screenshot that is doesn't fit your screen properly either.
The forum will have a page width, the spacing of the ads have their math wrong that's all (it could be the logo as that seems even bigger now I've noticed it but I just assumed that was fill to fit rather than a size put in).
I run my own forum so I know what properly spacing out adverts is like for mobile use, it's a pain. However this ones easily fixed.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:23 am

I also get the site smaller than the screen. Here's a printscreen of my phone if you're interested. I've painted its edge white to better show its shape on a black background.
Screenshot_20171201-144504.png

Usually it's solved by adding something like this to the header of the html page

Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Hope this helps :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Visitor

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:38 am

It seems no admin are interested and I can't live with the issue so have fun guys see you around.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 am

Unfortunately it is just the way the website is currently designed. Unless it is completely redone I don't think anything can be done.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:27 am

Visitor wrote:It seems no admin are interested and I can't live with the issue so have fun guys see you around.

or you know, use a computer instead of visiting on your phone. phpbb was written in 2000-2007 before all the big screen smart phones came out. it was never meant to be surfed from a mobile device. just saying.
Squelchtone
<<

Visitor

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 am

Phpbb is updated on a regular basis.
The car was invented years ago but we are not all still driving model t's unfortunatley.
The spacing issue here is due to the sites logo, it's an easy fix.
With nearly everyone now using phones to surf the net it's common practice to make websites mobile friendly.

A simple solution my end could be to just use a pc but i think to drag a generator, modem, desktop, 3 mile phone line extension and whatever else is required into the french countryside is perhaps a little much.

The easier solution I've found is to deny that picture from loading, works a treat.
I strongly believe this is the best and only forum worth visiting on picking locks (I think I've tried most of them) so I'm more than pleased I get to stay lurking another while longer.
Time to go back to the shadows, thanks to those who offered help.

Return to What Would You Like To See?