FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What's your EDC?

<<

the picker

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: What's your EDC?

Thanks mib i will say i am not a big fan of American style straight edge tanto blades but i do thoroughly enjoy the Japanese style with the slight curve on each cutting edge and i do find myself doing frequent pocket checks to make sure its still there lol
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Mon May 30, 2016 3:28 pm

Stretch wrote:Oh, oh, I wanna play too! These are the knives that rotate through being my edc depending on what I'm doing that day. On a normal work day it will be the PM2 in the left pocket and the p'kal in the right.

2016-05-30 10.03.32.jpg

Nice! Been looking at a Yojimbo 2. How you like yours. Is the little fixed blade an Izula/Izula 2? How would you rate it for EDC/Bushcraft?
<<

Stretch

Post Mon May 30, 2016 4:26 pm

To tell the truth the Yo2 just hasn't worked well for me. The workmanship and materials are top notch but I just have a really hard time opening it quickly. I even clamped it into a VMC at work and opened the thumb hole up to 14.5 mm and reshaped the scales to allow easier access. Which helped but it still isn't nearly as easy to open as even my Enduras. I do have big hands however so it might work better for others.

That is indeed an Izula2, I cannot possibly say enough good things about that little knife. I find I'm able to do just about anything I need to as far as bushcraft goes. Obviously you will want something larger for chopping wood but that's about it really. It's never my only knife but I find myself using it 99% of the time. It, like every Esee knife I've ever owned is extremely tough, holds a good edge and is easy to sharpen.
<<

the picker

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 am

Hoping to revive an old thread as i do enjoy seeing what fellow the pickers carry. Recently and currently in the pocket is a pohan leu hamachi s35vn blade ti handles and timascus clip/backspacer running on ikbs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

CaptHook

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Wenger, toothpicks, flashlight and space pen inside the front right pocket. The spyderco hangs on the same pocket.

The HPC set and Byrd in the back right pocket.
Did you hear something click?

Previous

Return to Cold Steel