FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

For sale: Total of 20 ABUS disc detainer picks, all gone!

<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Thu May 14, 2015 3:15 pm

For sale: Total of 20 ABUS disc detainer picks, all gone!

Hello all

Some of you may know me and some of you may have my previous tools.

I'm currently machining 20 pieces of tools that will work on top-tensioned ABUS Plus locks and all the knock-offs that are top-tensioned and with the same or bigger key dimensions than the ABUS disc detainers use (2.85 mm width, 6.6 mm diameter). Pictures of these tools will be posted once I get the stuff done or find a picture of my previous batch, but that can take up to 2 weeks as the orders for bearings and the tip parts arrive and I get the machining done.

I'm offering these tools for half my usual price per tool, as I'm trying to collect money to pay my trip to the next LockCon that is held in the USA.

This tool has larger handles than my previous versions, but retains the last design that used a needle roller bearing to make for a frictionless rotation (improving feedback considerably) and the tip part is made of one piece hardened, ground and nitrided tool steel for maximum durability. The tools have markings in 2 mm increments for the spacing, but will have no angular markings for decoding.

The tools are made of cold drawn S355 steel except for the tip part that is used to manipulate the individual discs.

Price is 95 EUR per tool plus shipping costs as given by the Finnish Postal Service website (http://www.posti.fi). For example, shipping to USA is 15 EUR as an economy shipment and less to countries in EU. If you want the price to a specific country, please ask and I will find out. Outside EU I will have to include a CN22 customs declaration as I live in Finland, and I will mark it just as it is, a lockpicking tool. Buyer is aware that any customs duties or taxes are their responsibility.

Payment is to be done via PayPal and I will only ship after receiving the payment. If you order and pay before I have these tools ready, please be aware that it will take me 2 weeks to machine all of these and can only ship then. Please keep on eye out on this thread for any updates.

This 95 EUR per tool price is valid only for the 20 tools that I'm currently making and that's it. First come, first served, whether you are buying 1 or 2 or all of them. I will update this post to include a running count of how many tools are left and if the buyer is okay with it, a list of screen names that have a confirmed order. If you don't want to bee on the list, please say so in an email or private message!

If you hae any questions regarding these tools, post here or send me an email or private message and I'll answer to you and also to here if the answer helps others too.

Get a made by Jaakko tool for cheap while they are available and support me to LockCon! Thank you in advance!

List of purchasers, nicknames shortened
-1 tool to Tig. (paid)
-2 tools to A.W. (paid)
-1 tool to jim. (paid)
-1 tool to Mar. (paid)
-1 tool to G.W. (paid)
-1 tool to Dan (paid)
-1 tool to nor. (paid)
-1 tool to Wer. (paid)
-1 tool to lockp. (paid)
-1 tool to Lockw. (paid)
-1 tool to Might. (paid)
-1 tool to Swam. (paid)
-1 tool to Adi. (paid)
-1 tool to holl. (paid)
-1 tool to insa. (paid)
-1 tool to phr. (paid)
-1 tool to moon. (paid)
-1 tool to jhar. (paid)
-1 tool to pma. (paid)

All tools are sold!
Last edited by Jaakko Fagerlund on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:38 am, edited 15 times in total.
<<

nickpicked

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: For sale: Total of 20 ABUS disc detainer picks

Hello, Im not familir with those kind of picks. Think you could post a picture for me?
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sat May 16, 2015 2:04 am

nickpicked wrote:Hello, Im not familir with those kind of picks. Think you could post a picture for me?

Here is a picture of the previous batch of tools that I made, these were for a lock that is similar with the ABUS, but the tensioner was shorter. The handles in the picture are 25 and 30 mm in diameter, which together with the needle bearing provides plenty of minute feel from the locks internals, meaning the locking bar scraping against the discs which are in incorrect position :)

Please note that the tools I'm now selling will not have markings to decode the lock, as I'm selling these on bargain prices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat May 16, 2015 8:56 am

PM sent.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 16, 2015 4:41 pm

will these pick the new (not sure how new) abus plus mech?
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun May 17, 2015 1:28 am

rerun12 wrote:will these pick the new (not sure how new) abus plus mech?

No, the newest is a random-tensioning lock, while these tools will open the top-tensioning locks that were the previous ABUS Plus construction. The newest has a "butterfly" shaped disc (usually black) just under the drill protection disc, which prevents tensioning from it (it turns one notch too far).
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 17, 2015 9:42 am

that was my original thought, thank you for the reply :)
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

norwoodgolf

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 17, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm in!
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 19, 2015 5:02 am

PM sent

and bump
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

lockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 19, 2015 12:07 pm

PM sent!
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Tue May 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Updated the buyers list, everyone that has paid is guaranteed to have a tool. "Not yet confirmed" means that an order was received, but payment hasn't been done yet.

Only 10 tools left, so get yours while the offer is valid! :)
<<

MightyMouse

Post Sat May 23, 2015 10:23 am

Thanks for confirming my order Jaakko! I'm looking forward to owning one of your fine tools.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Sun May 24, 2015 2:01 pm

The machining is going well, I'm positive to get all the tools turned in two days and then just need to make some threaded holes in them and mill the tensioner head. While that is cooking, I'm hoping to receive the pick tip materials in the mail soon, the ETA on them is Wednesday - Thursday and grinding them and assembling the tools for mailing takes one day.

Now, I just got an idea about the spacing & angle indicators which could bring decoding capabilities to these bargain tools on the cheap and if it works as good as I hope, then it will be my new method to do this. Basically just print a piiece of paper with the corect spacing & angular markings and tape it around the tool and done :) How does that sound? (the one who asked and paid extra for the decoder version is eligible for a refund of the extra payment if I do this paper idea)

And there is still 8 tools left ;)
<<

MightyMouse

Post Mon May 25, 2015 7:34 am

I like this decoder idea. I would suggest that at the least you provide a file so when the paper gets torn, oily or distorted, we could print another.

I just have to save up for an Abus plus lock now!
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Wed May 27, 2015 9:47 pm

MightyMouse, yes, I will publish the printout picture so it is easy to redesign/replace :)

BUT, I have hit a small problem with the milling machine. Yesterday evening I was making the tensioners that need the milling operation to make the tensioners shape and for some reason the Heidenhain started throwing "39 MAGASINE NOT ROTATE" error when changing tools. This was at random, like I could do 1 tool and it errored or 1-3 tools without problems and then it errored :( I'm not sure WTF is the problem, I was too tired to start an extensive search on the issue but will try again today to see if there is some nick, burr or chip that gets lodged or just some sensor problem.

I'm terribly sorry for the delay this causes, a couple of days at most, but I can do them by other means also. Though, I haven't yet received my package of those feeler tip blanks from Germany, so can't grind them yet.
Next

Return to Buy, Sell & Trade