FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Oldfast tele

Forum rules
Rules!!!!
This section is for lockpicking videos uploaded to YouTube or MetaCafe only

You are more than welcome to post your videos here, but make sure they are all under your own threads - this way it saves space.

Make sure you put the YouTube or MetaCafe link between the tags. Failure to do so will result in your video not displaying correctly.

NOTICE - PLACE ALL YOUR VIDEOS UNDER YOUR OWN THREAD!

Do not scatter your videos all over the forum under various titles and topics, etc.

Start a thread with your name - EX: "Joe Bleauxx's Videos"

Add all your future videos under that same thread, thereafter.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: Oldfast tele

RR Brinks Mogul cyliner..... *Gut Shots* viewtopic.php?p=48556#p48556
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm

ChicagoLOCK ... (00:21)

FYI... the gate box in this video IS MINE, and sets in front of my house. lol

Even easy locks need some lovin' sometimes lol. I was doin' some plowin' for a cousin just down the road from me...
and my key that works this box (in the vid) ALSO works on his gate box. Seems there's very few bitting configurations for these.
The only added security I see is a single passive side-pin, which would (at least somewhat) restrict an unauthorized key from being inserted.
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:22 pm

American Series 1205 *out-of-box*. . . (2:49)

American Pucklock Series 2000. . . (1:52)

So I've had an eye out for a pucklock for months! The price just always seemed a bit steep for me.
This one required a little refurbishing to get it in working order... but the price reflected that.
So I'm happy :D I've not gutted this... but I'm almost certain all 6 drivers are serrated.
<<

Oldfast

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 am

MMF INDUSTRIES Deposit Bag. . . (2:38)

Several weeks ago, I was contacted by MMF Industries in regards to a previous video I had posted on these locks. They filed a complaint, claiming trademark infringement.
Now, since the law VERY CLEARLY states that I am well within my rights, this situation became more of a moral dilemma for me than anything. My intentions have NEVER
been to maliciously tarnish or hurt someones brand, reputation, or business. This is purely a hobby for me that I throroughly enjoy from my own home, and shooting videos
is just another fun aspect of it. All locks seen in my vids have been legally obtained/purchased by me. So I did not take this situation lightly. So after much debate, I have
decided to post this video. However, I'd like to clarify several points...

1. My videos are NOT reviews and are not intended to place a product in a good OR bad light.

2. Just because a lock CAN be picked, does not necessarily have a bearing on the overall quality of that lock
or the product it's placed on. In fact, there are very few (if any) locks in the world today that CANNOT be picked.

3. The lockpicking community is probably larger than most people realize. Collectively, we've picked (on camera) a vast array of locks.
Ranging from silly toy locks... to locks that are used on banks... to government issued US military locks used to secure weapons and
missiles and shit lol. All the while, never getting a single complaint.

If a product is placed on the market and is made available to the public... that product is then open to scrutiny, testing, reviews, etc. And these opinions can be shared publicly.
WE, AS CONSUMERS, HAVE THAT RIGHT. There are a number of "fair use" exemptions within Trademark law, and they were established precisely to allow for this.

quote... "Trademark law recognizes a defense where the mark is used only "to describe the goods or services of [a] party, or their geographic origin." 15 U.S.C. Section 1115(b)(4).
The fair use defense is available to one who, in good faith, fairly uses another's trademark in a descriptive sense rather than its trademark sense
."...end quote

I hope I have not come across in an arrogant or cocky manner. I'm not trying to instigate.
I'm simply passionate about my hobby, and want to enjoy it legally within my rights. I will not be bullied.

.....further discussion on this matter can be found in this thread....
viewtopic.php?p=50037#p50037
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:01 am

Sour's Package . . . (7:56)

Sour, you've out-done yourself. I only wish I was better with words to show my appreciation.
You're a wonderful friend... and when it comes to selling/trading, you are one of THE best in my book.
You've a uncanny knack for leaving both parties feeling like they've won the lottery!

Also, I've not spent much time with the Lunitic lock... but every time I pick it up it leaves me feeling stupid. lol
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:17 am

The 'Lock Fairy' *outta package pickin* . . . (6:20)

6-pin shrouded YALE and two SQUIRES

Jim sent these to me all the way from North Ireland. You just watch one of his vids and say
"man, that's a beautiful lock", and he sends it LOL. That's just the way he is.... hence my
nick-name for him; Lock Fairy. Thanks again SO MUCH Jim... we'll leave the light on for ya :)
<<

mech

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:26 am

wow very nice locks! your a lucky man... nice one sour.
http://www.youtube.com/duction
www.Lockpick.co
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm still catching up, but I really liked your 532 vids.
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 pm

American Series 700 *out-of-box* . . . (2:22)

Been wanting a 700 for a while, but wasn't gonna pay $20 for it. I was watchin an auction for this pair (700 & 5200 keyless).
Could've kicked myself in the ass when I forgot to bid on it :/ They went for only $8.99 to a single bidder... arrr!
Ironically, he didn't pay up and they went up again as a 'buy it now' for the price of the winning bid!

Good buy. I'll clean em up and make keys for em. Mainly, I was after the 700 for my American collection, but I did pick the 5200 as well.
I decided to trim the vid down and spare you guys 6 mins of your lives lol. Not really sure why it took me nearly 6 minutes to pick. Could
use a little cleaning, but is in good condition. I ended up popping it within a minute though as soon as I switched to CCW tension.
<<

cyrano138

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:51 pm

I forgot how entertaining your videos are. Make more!

Jack
"One cyrano video was all that I needed to cure my serratatosus."
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 am

American Series 5570 . . . (1:00)

*Gut Shots*... viewtopic.php?p=60752#p60752
Made this vid in hopes of illustrating some of the techniques I've mentioned...
viewtopic.php?p=58397#p58397
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 am

American Series 5300. . . (1:09)

*Gut Shots*..... viewtopic.php?p=60754#p60754
<<

sbear2000

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:43 pm

nice job Oldfast
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks Jerry :D Been a while since I've made some vids.
<<

Oldfast

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Designed to compromise Master's laminated padlocks No's 1-6.
These tools retract the two locking latches one at a time, allowing the shackle to be released.
As seen in this video, the set will work independently on the smaller models: #1,#2,#3,#4.

Silver Bullet Bypass Set... from peterson-international . . . (00:33)

When attacking the larger models (#5 or #6) these tools need to be used in conjunction with shims.
By themselves, they will not fully retract the lacthes to free up the shackle. However, they will pull
the latches in far enough to eliminate the 45 degree angles on the latches that normally inhibit shims.

Silver Bullet Bypass Set... from peterson-international . . . (00:43)

Some personal thoughts & notes:

1. Brilliant set of tools that are both effective & compact... worthy of being in my arsenal. Being a hobbiest with
limited funds, I hope to replicate a second set of these for myself when I've found a suitable metal (titanium maybe?)

2. These tools are not 'magical' right out of the box. Just as with lockpicking, it will take some time and patience to become effecient with them. It's always good to understand not only WHAT you're doing, but WHY. Rather than jamming them in carelessly, try to feel where you're at before applying force to fully insert the tool. Sometimes very little effort is needed. Other times, a fair amount of force is required in order to properly seat each tool.

3. In my personal experience, these tools will not work absolutely 100% of the time. I cannot give an accurate percentage, but given the number of locks I've encountered, they work the majority of the time. And 'majority' is pretty damn good odds when you consider the variables that come into play here: The long life span of these locks creates a couple of these factors: 1. the possibility of slight design changes over time & 2. the condition of the lock. Also, when it comes to machining parts... this particular company is not exactly known for it's exacting tolerances & uniformity with each part that's made. This too, will add to the inconsistancy that may occur from one lock to the next.

I am not affiliated with Peterson's Locksmith Tools - but I do like em :) Keep up the great work Ken... it's enjoyed by many!!

These are simply my own opinions/experiences with these tools. For some other opinions on these,
you could check out this thread from a couple years back........ viewtopic.php?p=24513#p24513

On a related note; Here's some tools Lauren has created that eliminate the need for shims..... http://youtu.be/VXKBP3z1-S0
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking Videos