FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

peterson flat 5?

<<

Arctor

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: peterson flat 5?

PickForge wrote:this thread has me questioning my tension pressure, for me the 3 "thicker" tension tools in the flat 5 were more then enough for the locks I have pick with them(schlage, American 5200, Brinks, Abus, defiant, kwikset, Master few corbins), if I was flexing one of those I felt I was using way too much pressure on the lock.

has anyone here actually measured the amount of torque or pressure they are using while opening a lock? if not I might try to find the time to test on a few of the locks I have.

I would be especially curious to the amount of pressure Xeo uses as he has snapped prybars.

The tension used should vary while picking and from lock to lock, and I am pretty sure most prefer the stiffer tension wrenches because they provide more feedback. Well they do for me at least..
<<

easy-e

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: peterson flat 5?

Arctor wrote:
PickForge wrote:this thread has me questioning my tension pressure, for me the 3 "thicker" tension tools in the flat 5 were more then enough for the locks I have pick with them(schlage, American 5200, Brinks, Abus, defiant, kwikset, Master few corbins), if I was flexing one of those I felt I was using way too much pressure on the lock.

has anyone here actually measured the amount of torque or pressure they are using while opening a lock? if not I might try to find the time to test on a few of the locks I have.

I would be especially curious to the amount of pressure Xeo uses as he has snapped prybars.

The tension used should vary while picking and from lock to lock, and I am pretty sure most prefer the stiffer tension wrenches because they provide more feedback. Well they do for me at least..

I tend to use light tension but I like a thicker tensioner that has less wiggle room in the lock. I have a few locks that prefer hard tension. I usually start out soft and if nothing is setting I increase my pressure. I just got some Peterson Pry Bars and so far I've found I really like them. I'm still trying to get used to TOK but they work great for BOK. I can't believe anyone could break one from normal use.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking