FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

American Padlock Bypass Tool Help!!!!!!

<<

motoxkfx

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 pm

American Padlock Bypass Tool Help!!!!!!

Ok so i tried to make making some for these and every one i made broke lol. so what are the ones you buy from a manufacturer made from. I have tried to make them from tig welding rod and music wire i even tried bike spoke.

I really would like to make one that i could use lol so what do you all recommend I was thinking titanium maybe.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: American Padlock Bypass Tool Help!!!!!!

I think if you can manage to make an unbreakable one, you'll be able to sell many, many copies.

Seems everyone who tries to make one runs into this problem.

Even the commercially made ones seem to have a limited lifespan and are subject to breakage if used enough times.
<<

motoxkfx

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 pm

yea but i have not bin able to even make one strong enough to ever open the lock. :shock: i know it dose not have a wafer in it because i took it apart hmmmmmmm.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:55 am

motoxkfx wrote:Ok so i tried to make making some for these and every one i made broke lol. so what are the ones you buy from a manufacturer made from. I have tried to make them from tig welding rod and music wire i even tried bike spoke.

I really would like to make one that i could use lol so what do you all recommend I was thinking titanium maybe.

I've got the Sparrows one and it looks/feels like music wire. The tip looks like it has been made by heating the wire and then shaping it and then re-hardening the steel. The wire is springy so I'm guessing it has also been tempered after re-hardening.
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:24 am

Mbi is right all have limited life I have both Peterson and sparrows . I have made them from old chimney sweep brush but I shaped It on an anvil and heat treated it You could get away with cold bending but for the cost they are not worth making .
<<

motoxkfx

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 am

Alaphablue wrote:Mbi is right all have limited life I have both Peterson and sparrows . I have made them from old chimney sweep brush but I shaped It on an anvil and heat treated it You could get away with cold bending but for the cost they are not worth making .

i am only making them for the fun of it so no loss if it dose not work and it only takes me a bout 5 min to make it. I was thinking about buying one just so i could see how they made them i have only bin going by the pictures i have seen on line. :smile:
<<

Alaphablue

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 pm

They look totally different in person buying one will give you a great edge in reproducing the tool
<<

clearmoon247

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:53 pm

I am in agreement with Alaphablue and MBI on this one. I have made one once that i screwed up along the way but i have found that picture hanging hooks seem to be stong enough to be close to a commercial level. Ill let you know how mine goes, but hopefully this can give you a push in the right direction
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 pm

nice idea clear,
<<

motoxkfx

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm

clearmoon247 wrote:I am in agreement with Alaphablue and MBI on this one. I have made one once that i screwed up along the way but i have found that picture hanging hooks seem to be stong enough to be close to a commercial level. Ill let you know how mine goes, but hopefully this can give you a push in the right direction

I have some of those and did not even think about using them ill try it and let you know what happens.
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:42 am

Thedonofdeath has a video on his homemade bypass tool. He made his out of a coat hanger.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK

Return to Lock Picking