FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco Biaxial IC Practice Lock

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Medeco Biaxial IC Practice Lock

Time to remove a few locks from the "naughty box". Took apart a Biaxial IC for which I had no keys and made a practice lock out of it. In case anyone wanted to know, used 8/32"x3/16" allen head set screws, as the pin chimneys are much larger on a Medeco than most locks.

Now I can learn to pick it one pin at a time. Today, I added the second pin stack, though used a normal driver pin, rather than the mushroom pin. Will save that for when I can open it without mushroom pins. :-)

And picked with one pin stack. Picture would look the same if I took another pic with 2 pin stacks, so will not bother. But will say that it is much more difficult with two pins than with one! Even one pin took some practice.

It appears that Medeco locks take a little getting used to. Who would have thought?
Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Medeco Biaxial IC Practice Lock

Nice job. I have converted many a lock with 6/32 set screws!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Some of the Medecos have grub screws at the top of the pin stacks as standard don't they?

I've yet to try and pick a Medeco of any sort and to be honest they intimidate me. I doubt that I have the manual dexterity to rotate a pin. If I had a Medeco cutaway with grub screws that would be a great learning aid and confidence booster. The baby steps would be especially small with a progressively pinned cutaway but I think I would need that to eliminate as many variables as is possible.

I am in the market for a Medeco cutaway with grub screws so if anyone can help, send me a PM.
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:53 pm

I to have yet to pick a medeco though I only have a pay phone lock and a old beat up padlock
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Any luck with that payphone lock? I hear they are real bears!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:55 am

Piotr, all medeco mortises (except a really old one I have) should have setscrews on the top.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:58 am

jeffmoss26 wrote:Piotr, all medeco mortises (except a really old one I have) should have setscrews on the top.

OK. Thanks.

Return to Lock Picking