FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Souber Copy

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Souber Copy

My Souber double sided dimple pick is about shot so I decided to copy it out of Starrett .026 . Works great, been picking on a MTL with it. Works better than the original because I never got around to polishing the Souber. I was unsure of the round brass handle but so far no issues, no slippage and great feedback and comfortable!!! Wish I would have gotten the handle centered on the pick, oh well live and learn. The pick is held in by round brass stock wedged in on both sides of the pick, had to tap it in with a hammer. Soldered both ends to hide the brass stock and all done.

<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Souber Copy

Nice I have to make one to learn to pick my mt5 I have heavy stainless steel tube I'm going to flatten on my anvil for a handle hope mine turns out like yours .
<<

KokomoLock

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:21 am

Alaphablue wrote:Nice I have to make one to learn to pick my mt5 I have heavy stainless steel tube I'm going to flatten on my anvil for a handle hope mine turns out like yours .

Good luck with it!! I don't know why I never polished my Souber picks, the feedback is sooooooooo much better with the new one! Now for a go at the MT5+!!!!!
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am

I would love to make some picks like this. Does anyone have any dimensions? My understanding is that these rest against the side of the keyway, and when "rolled", the length of the tip hits the pins at the best spot to manipulate them? Which would mean different dimensions for inner/outer pin within a pin? If I have this wrong, feel free to enlighten me :shock: .
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

KokomoLock

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am

mastersmith wrote:I would love to make some picks like this. Does anyone have any dimensions? My understanding is that these rest against the side of the keyway, and when "rolled", the length of the tip hits the pins at the best spot to manipulate them? Which would mean different dimensions for inner/outer pin within a pin? If I have this wrong, feel free to enlighten me :shock: .

You are correct, that is why it is double sided, one end for the outer pin and one for the inner. I don't know what happened but I lost the original Souber pick while making the clone so the only dimensions I could give you is for the clone. If I find the original I will post some dimensions for you.

Return to Home Brew