FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

NDE / Tactical Locksmith Book !

<<

Scrince

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:07 am

NDE / Tactical Locksmith Book !

I am planning on writing a book on non destructive entry for the operators we have overseas. Any ideas on what i should include? Title / or starting point.
I have not given it any though as i wanted to see what the community thought first. I already have a publisher lined up. Just need to start thinking of ideas. If you guys and gals would not mind throwing something out there as far as ideas go that would be amazing.

Anyone good with Cover Art ? IE Photoshop or something along those lines?
I want it to be a collective work of all NDE minded folk.
A spy is just a criminal with a government paycheck.....
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:11 am

Re: NDE / Tactical Locksmith Book !

Bigdipper08 wrote:I am planning on writing a book on non destructive entry for the operators we have overseas. Any ideas on what i should include? Title / or starting point.
I have not given it any though as i wanted to see what the community thought first. I already have a publisher lined up. Just need to start thinking of ideas. If you guys and gals would not mind throwing something out there as far as ideas go that would be amazing.

Out of curiosity, how do you have a publisher lined up if it hasn't been written or even outlined yet? Is this one of those self-publishing types of places?

I don't want to rain on your parade, and I'm no legal or publishing expert, but by asking for help in making this a collective work, aren't you setting yourself up for the potential for lawsuits from people who contribute content who want to share in the revenue, should it ever get completed and published?
<<

Scrince

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 am

Yes i found a few good candidates for online publishing.
A spy is just a criminal with a government paycheck.....
<<

Don

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:53 am

What is a tactical locksmith ? Is that a locksmith who only uses their senses , vs tools to open/ repair locks ?

So can we expect chapters on opening locks using only the sense of smell ?

I am looking forward to the chapter on opening locks using only their physic ability. Can one open locks at a distance using this method ? If so is charging for a service call warranted?

I eagerly await your publication.
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 am

Tactical locksmithing involves locksmithing thats being done in a police or military context

Check out this URL for a better idea of tactical locksmithing

http://www.jerichospecializedentrytraining.com/
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:51 am

Bigdipper08 wrote:I am planning on writing a book on non destructive entry for the operators we have overseas. Any ideas on what i should include? Title / or starting point.

This just seems really strange and loaded with incongruities:

* You are planning on writing a book yet at the same time you want it to be a collective work?
* You don't even have any ideas about what it should include yet you have a publisher?
* You haven't even contributed so much as a tutorial on this forum and now you are "planning on writing a book" which will also be "a collective work of all NDE minded folk"?
* You have no content and you want cover art but at the same time you don't even have a title?
* Your book is intended "for the operators we have overseas" when they are already catered for by LSS+ and restricted courses offered by people like John Falle and Martin Newton via MBA?

I just reviewed all 75 of your posts and most are one line posts and none have any substantive content. None of your posts communicate any technical information. So, you have no posts that indicate you have technical knowledge to impart and you have no posts that indicate you are capable of technical writing; so even if you had technical knowledge there is nothing to suggest that you can communicate it effectively to others. For these reasons, I am thoroughly confused by your proposal. Good technical writing is difficult (that is why there are people that get paid just to do that). But even if you are a competent technical writer, without content you have nothing. Tobias' books and Deviant Ollam's books are on NDE. What is the unique value proposition of your proposed book? What is the justification for its existence? What will it have that the existing well-regarded books lack?

Hope I am not being too harsh but these questions spring to mind when I read your post.
<<

Don

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:55 am

abroxis wrote:Tactical locksmithing involves locksmithing thats being done in a police or military context

Check out this URL for a better idea of tactical locksmithing

http://www.jerichospecializedentrytraining.com/

tactical locksmithing ?

Looks more like tactical circumventing the Constitution under the guise of “ public safety” .

The common definition of locksmithing includes installation and repair of locks, none of the actual work involved in the trade is mentioned.
But thanks for the definition.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:20 am

Don wrote:What is a tactical locksmith ?

Politics aside, that phrase isn't the problem, it is also known as covert entry:

Tactical.JPG

The problem is the naive idea that an original contribution to this field can be made by anyone other than the likes of John Falle and Martin Newton (I know there are other experts in covert entry but these guys are amongst the best in the world). The starting point for covert entry education is LSS+ Government Edition. If you don't even qualify to obtain that and the tools it documents then what will this proposed book contain on the topic of covert entry that will make it of interest to field operatives (which I take "operators we have overseas" to mean).

Further, this sort of material can't be sprayed all over the WWW (even though some of it has been with the decryption and leaking of LSS+ Government Edition). As soon as the "bad guys" know that lock X can be readily decoded by the NSA/FBI/DEA/ATF/CIA/XYZ then that TLA (Three Letter Acronym) organisation loses whatever tactical advantage it had. I know this raises all sorts of issues in connection with civil rights, due process, government oversight, totalitarian surveillance etc. but that is how the game is played so there will never be a book on covert entry that (a) will be of use to field agents; and (b) is readily available to everyone. These two ideas are mutually exclusive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Lock Picking