FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Abloy DIY PICK??

<<

mrbravo4373

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Abloy DIY PICK??

Riyame, they have taken all of the rubbish away or I would have taken a pic of that, I'm sorry I asked such a painful question for you, no disrespect to you but have you had some problems with these little bad boys in your past?mas far as getting tools, that's not really a problem, I'm more into makeing what's out there already , better. Thanks again though riyamy.
<<

clearmoon247

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Yea, this shouldn't be a painful question, but it seems like an area that needs to be taken with some caution to say the very least. I'm sure everyone here, including myself would love to see the fully salvaged part you got, even if it got cleaned up, that's all. Also, to see the remains from a burned down vending machine would be pretty damn cool to see. It just seems like a situation where someone asks us how do you pick this kind of lock, for say, a coin machine and they "lost the key" but don't want to get a locksmith involved, its possible that that is the case, but its also equally possible that they are soliciting for advice on how to commit a crime.
<<

Mittens

The pink puss-i-nator

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:30 pm

mrbravo4373 wrote:Riyame, they have taken all of the rubbish away or I would have taken a pic of that,

So, you're saying that a vending machine randomly burned up...melted...and the only photo you have of it, is of the lock, which is totally unscathed. That just screams young kid trying to pick vending machine lock at school. Good job.

mrbravo4373 wrote: I'm sorry I asked such a painful question for you, no disrespect to you but have you had some problems with these little bad boys in your past?mas far as getting tools, that's not really a problem, I'm more into makeing what's out there already , better. Thanks again though riyamy.

So, let me be frank.
You aren't causing ANYONE any pain by asking these questions. Everyone just has the common sense to say "hmm, so person coming in..asking about a high security lock on a vending machine and how to pick it...probably isn't a good idea to give him advice"

Now, I may just be a total skeptic but everything about what you said just throws bad signals. Vending machines tend to not randomly burst into flames and furthermore, most people would likely take pictures of such a think if for nothing more then INTERNET KARMA!

So, in the name of the Pink-Puss-I-Nator....

I CALL SHENANIGANS!
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Mittens wrote:
mrbravo4373 wrote:Riyame, they have taken all of the rubbish away or I would have taken a pic of that,

So, you're saying that a vending machine randomly burned up...melted...and the only photo you have of it, is of the lock, which is totally unscathed. That just screams young kid trying to pick vending machine lock at school. Good job.

mrbravo4373 wrote: I'm sorry I asked such a painful question for you, no disrespect to you but have you had some problems with these little bad boys in your past?mas far as getting tools, that's not really a problem, I'm more into makeing what's out there already , better. Thanks again though riyamy.

So, let me be frank.
You aren't causing ANYONE any pain by asking these questions. Everyone just has the common sense to say "hmm, so person coming in..asking about a high security lock on a vending machine and how to pick it...probably isn't a good idea to give him advice"

Now, I may just be a total skeptic but everything about what you said just throws bad signals. Vending machines tend to not randomly burst into flames and furthermore, most people would likely take pictures of such a think if for nothing more then INTERNET KARMA!

I CALL SHENANIGANS!

Does sound fishy, but he might just be legit. I doubt a "young kid trying to pick vending machine lock at school" would be doing that sort of thing. Possible, but unlikely.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

Squelchtone

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Mittens wrote:

So, let me be frank.

I CALL SHENANIGANS!

it's all good Mittens, he's on lp101 and not a wanker there, even has some nice home made tools: http://www.lockpicking101.com/viewtopic ... 50#p404750

but +1 on being protective of info.

MrBravo, if you read enough posts on the forums you'll soon see the dreaded post from a new user showing a close up photo of a vending machine lock asking how to get into it, we pretty much try to weed out bored teenagers and people who dont want to pay for laundry or a soda, so that's why someone asked you for a photo of the whole machine. Dont take offense, we just want to be ethical with our hobby and not teach the wrong people, I'm sure you'll understand, you seem like a nice guy.

Squelchtone
<<

mrbravo4373

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:42 am

Rayame, I must first apologize to you for how I spoke to you, that was totally disrespectful, it's been a really shitty day and I brought it to the forum, it won't happen again. Thank you Squelchtone your absolutely right I am still new to these forums and asked a question that, in retrospect, was pretty shady, I really do have just the best intentions but I do know why people ate skeptical. I didn't realize it at the time but I do now, mittens I totally see how you would think I'm not on the up and up. I had gotten the lock and never even thought about taking pics of the machine, I was just happy to have the lock and my brother ok. I couldn't think that far ahead. I really do appreciate everyone's help here because I like picking. I hope I haven't offended the forum to badly, I'm claiming ignorance but it WON'T happen again. Thanks and again sorry.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 am

´K now that the suspicion is out of the way;
-Make a 2-in-1 pick that tensions the bottom disc, but doens´t interfere with the DSS (disc steering system). Your pick should be able to turn the discs in binding order.
Look for the disc with most resistance, turn it till it snaps or looses friction. Repeat for every disc and you´ll get a false set.
Again look for the tightest disc and turn it til it feels loose in its slot. Repeat till its open.
Now, I have not picked this. I doubt any hobbyist has.
It would be funny to see someone practicing by a vending machine. :D

Here is some info written by Han Fey:
http://toool.nl/images/f/f3/Abloypart2.pdf
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 pm

I picked up a beautiful Abloy Classic today. So I'll be making a pick for it soon enough. Lovely lock...
Previous

Return to Lock Picking