FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Abloy DIY PICK??

<<

mrbravo4373

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 am

Abloy DIY PICK??

Has anyone made a pick for a lock like this? Is there any tutorials out there on how to make one?

<<

clearmoon247

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: Abloy DIY PICK??

That lock falls under the realm of disk detainer locks. If that is a protec (i personally don't know the difference from external appearance) then there is no real pick that exists that can pick it (at least to my knowledge). However if it is more along the lines of an abloy classic, your best bet is to look at the great post that solomon wrote about those, which can be found here: http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=4093

Hope this helps you out
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:30 pm

I could be wrong but that looks like a protec core , hard to pick would be a under statement the picks for these I have seen are in experimental stage . You might want to find a lock a little easer to pick abloy classic can be picked with a special pick tool . There is more to picking these than just a pick you must zero the disks apply tension then pick . I haven't seen to many home made discus picks.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Hmm... close up picture of a vending machine lock asking how to pick it when he does not even know what model of Abloy it is. Seems pretty damn fishy to me. :roll:
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Alaphablue

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:51 pm

:agree:
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 pm

I think it's an Abloy Exec profile. Or, as mentioned above, a Protec.

Good luck picking it if it's either, lol! The Exec is pickable but very hard and the Protec...well, they CAN be open non-destructively but knowledge of how to do so is very limited. Being a new(ish) lock means that the methods aren't widely available (publicly anyway) yet.

If the OP really wants to crack it then go and get a couple. Open one up to see its inner workings and apply some knowledge gained and hypotheses to the intact one. It's the most fun and rewarding way to open a lock without its key. Study, make a tool, practise and succeed. Or that's the theory anyway!

**EDIT** Definitely an Exec but if it is from a vending machine then I don't think it's an any immediate danger.
<<

Don

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 pm

I don't understand the secrecy... everybody knows that can be easily picked with a #42 ½ Diamond pick.. Do a search for #42 your answer will be there
<<

clearmoon247

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Don: you know that those are restricted for sale to only grandmaster locksmiths, such as yourself. Not all of us are that lucky to have such access. Also, im sure ALOA would like to have a word with you for telling "common folk" about the #42 ½ Diamond pick. I can't even make a diy of that to save my life.

Huxleypig: The NDE methods you speak of for protec, are they more bypass, impressioning, or actual pick tool?
<<

mrbravo4373

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:34 pm

I am so sorry to have caused this tension for asking, what I thought was a "safe question", I meant no disrespect to the profession, I am still a "noob" but I have been manipulating locks for over 5 yrs now but never had anyone to ask questions to until I found this forum, which has helped me greatly. I find locks challanging and a great exercise for the mind. As for the lock, yes it is from a vending machine from my brothers building, it caught on fire and was destroyed. The owner said I could pick through the ruble and I found this melted coke machine and the lock was in pretty good shape. Again I'm sorry for causing trouble, I'm just trying to learn.
<<

huxleypig

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm

There's no secrecy, the truth is I don't know how to pick a Protec! This aint LP101! From what I know I've seen 2 methods but neither have been verified to my knowledge.
The one involves impressioning and the other is more of a decoding tool. Here are a few links:

The decode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A74rxoDClhM

The 'pick':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO6aN9xiDio

There was another version of the 2nd vid where there was a cutaway and the tool was actually shown being used. The discs lined up ever so slowly until they were all at the gate. Can't find it now though...The tool consisted of 11 rows of moveable spikes and there was a knob on the back of it that looked like it tightened them up so they didn't rotate so easily. I got in touch with the maker and he assured me the tool was real and that it did indeed work but that's not really proof in my book.

Regarding picking the Exec, moving the discs isn't the hard part, it's tensioning it, right? 1 disc or 9 disc tension?

**EDIT** I found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJoPSM-964k
<<

Alaphablue

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:53 pm

I new it a fellow scrounger you just need elaborate more when posting especially locks form machines we don't want to help people raid vending machines .
<<

mrbravo4373

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks alphablue. I do find alot scrounging but like most scroungers we usually have a significant other threating bodily damage if we bring anything more home.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:53 pm

mrbravo4373 wrote:Thanks alphablue. I do find alot scrounging but like most scroungers we usually have a significant other threating bodily damage if we bring anything more home.

Why not grab a picture of the whole machine? If you want to pick them you will need some very expensive, very hard to get tools.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Alaphablue

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:13 pm

I recently got a condom machine from a building they were tearing down at work no one wanted it or could get it off the stall . 5 min with my makita and sockets it was mine the looks I got were priceless it had 90 loonies 18 condoms in it .
<<

huxleypig

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Alaphablue wrote:I recently got a condom machine from a building they were tearing down at work no one wanted it or could get it off the stall . 5 min with my makita and sockets it was mine the looks I got were priceless it had 90 loonies 18 condoms in it .

Now these babies normally have some GREAT locks on them. I'd kill to get my hands on a few!
Next

Return to Lock Picking