FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Golden snapper pick on Lockpicking101.com

<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:01 am

Golden snapper pick on Lockpicking101.com

I have to be carefull of not posting unauthorised content so I will leave this as a link to the gold plated snapper pick Raimundo et al are working on.

Seems that there have been some nice improvements on the basic snapper pick

http://www.lockpicking101.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55700

I am assuming a simple link to content on an other site is ok. If it is considered poor manners please let me know.
Last edited by abroxis on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Golden snapper pick on Lockpicking101.com

I'm pretty sure that's just the lighting that makes them look gold, there's no mention of them being plated anywhere. They look cool, I've never gotten on with snappers but I'd like one just to have. :D
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:05 am

Solomon wrote:I'm pretty sure that's just the lighting that makes them look gold, there's no mention of them being plated anywhere. They look cool, I've never gotten on with snappers but I'd like one just to have. :D

The 14k gold-plated snapper pictured will be featured in the Neiman-Marcus Christmas catalog this year.
I'll be doing the testing with a more practical model.
That's it.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:27 am

Aedalas wrote:
Solomon wrote:I'm pretty sure that's just the lighting that makes them look gold, there's no mention of them being plated anywhere. They look cool, I've never gotten on with snappers but I'd like one just to have. :D

The 14k gold-plated snapper pictured will be featured in the Neiman-Marcus Christmas catalog this year.
I'll be doing the testing with a more practical model.
That's it.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 am

It's fine to post a link. If you just grab the content and repost as your own, that is when issues start coming about.

I have some of these, suffice it to say that they are phenomenal. Raimundo is a great guy and makes excellent tools. Regardless about how you feel about raking (it is just another technique to get a lock open), his bogatas and these snap picks are must haves in your arsenal.

Cheers,
Ed
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 am

I have some of these, suffice it to say that they are phenomenal. Raimundo is a great guy and makes excellent tools. Regardless about how you feel about raking (it is just another technique to get a lock open), his bogatas and these snap picks are must haves in your arsenal.

Maybe I missed it but what stock did they use for these snappers.
I would like to try and make my own.
<<

edsmiley

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:10 pm

They are made from bicycle spokes.

Cheers,
Ed
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Do you think a snapper could be made from a large safety pin like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAUNDRY-BAG-SAFETY-PINS-LARGE-METAL-PINS-5-INCH-U-S-ISSUE-NEW-/360486829939

This one is 5" long. That looks about the right size relative to the Bogota. With the coil already made a major step would be removed.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 am

Got a heap of spokes , i'm gonna give it a go ! will report back with a picture or 2 if it comes out ok chaps !
Ok , took 3 mins to make and nearly 30 mins to file it to fit the keyway , it works !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Open Sez Me !
<<

edsmiley

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 pm

I picked up some custom snappers off of Raimundo a little while ago and have had almost instant success with them. Cheaper deadbolts and knobs opened in just a few snaps, was able to get some Master padlocks quickly as well. Moved onto something with some better tolerances, and opened up this Best in about 10 snaps. Don't have a key, but if I could get it to control I could see the bitting on the key.

Anyhow, the point is that these things work phenomenally. I am adding this to my always carry case because these are just as useful and quick as the bogotas I carry (Raimundo's other specialty). You should add one as well!

I got 5 total snappers from Rai and each one has its own special use depending on the lock. He has done a great job of thinning out the needle along with polishing them so they slide right into the lock without a problem. The one snapper comes with a tension tool that hooks right onto the snapper. Easily comes off and on when needed, a great addition to the snapper tool!

Cheers!
Ed

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey Ed, do you think you could post some of the measurements of those (if they even vary)? Don't really need all the details like lengths of individual segments, but an overall length, thickness of the body and thickness of the tip would be very appreciated. Oh, and is the needle tapered at all or uniform?

Also, is the tubing functional or for comfort. With the yellow one having the tube on the bottom I can see it helping with the release by rolling it off your fingers, but I'm not really sure about on the top. Maybe to hold the tensioner?

I think I'd like to try making these but I have exactly zero experience with that type of tool. Also, where the hell am I going to find a bike tire I can destroy? :P
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Return to Random Banter