FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My latest homebrew

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: My latest homebrew

Nice one cheers, will do :D
<<

darksim905

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Aedalas wrote:
Josh66 wrote:What is the straight one (#4 from the left) used for? I see these in a lot of people's kits, and haven't quite figured out what they're for...
I'm not sure about the others, but I have one I made specifically for a KABA 8 (that I still haven't managed to pick).

Where did you get that custom pick? Sweet.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Solomon , i've cut 50 bristles for you , sized and sanitized them , will maybe put a pick or 2 in as well , posting this weekend mate to Mr. S POSTIESAREPUFFS !
You'll have to sign for them haha !
Open Sez Me !
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Bahahaha oh dear jesus. 50?! Sheeeeeeeeiit. Anything you want in return?
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:45 pm

darksim905 wrote:
Aedalas wrote:
Josh66 wrote:What is the straight one (#4 from the left) used for? I see these in a lot of people's kits, and haven't quite figured out what they're for...
I'm not sure about the others, but I have one I made specifically for a KABA 8 (that I still haven't managed to pick).

Where did you get that custom pick? Sweet.

I made it. :P

Windshield wiper blade insert and heat shrink tubing. And a LOT of time. I was still refusing to use power tools back when I made that one, and I still can't figure out why I ever did that. I keep telling myself it's because I have very few things I've made totally by hand, but the ones I've made using my grinder and Dremel are just as good for a fraction the effort.

/dumb

Here are some made around the same time. Most of those are rather embarrassing to be honest, I swear I got a lot better since then...

EDIT: The one with the tubular mortise and the Peterson is only there because I made the tension wrench, I'm not claiming to have made the Peterson. Also, I just realized I kinda hijacked Sol's thread. Sorry about that, I can delete this if you like.
Last edited by Aedalas on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Solomon wrote:Bahahaha oh dear jesus. 50?! Sheeeeeeeeiit. Anything you want in return?

He must like you, mine weren't sanitized. In fact I'm pretty sure he rubbed them on his naughty bits before sending them. That might have been Cyrano though since they went through him. :shock:
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Aedalas wrote:Also, I just realized I kinda hijacked Sol's thread. Sorry about that, I can delete this if you like.

Pfft, that's some cool shit you made. I like it :D

Aedalas wrote:He must like you, mine weren't sanitized. In fact I'm pretty sure he rubbed them on his naughty bits before sending them. That might have been Cyrano though since they went through him. :shock:

Maybe that's what he actually meant by "sanitized". Oh dear.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:47 pm

Solomon wrote:
Aedalas wrote:Also, I just realized I kinda hijacked Sol's thread. Sorry about that, I can delete this if you like.

Pfft, that's some cool shit you made. I like it :D
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I really did sort of suck at it then, I had just got into the hobby and thought I needed every type of pick I could get my hands on. Now I use nothing but a hook or Gem (sometimes switch to slimline hook, but that is still just a hook). I switch tension wrenches way more than picks. Hell, I don't even know how to rake! I mean, I know the theory and have done it a couple times, but I like the puzzle and never bother with anything but SPP. Mad respect for the people who do this for a living, but personally I just like figuring out the solution to the puzzle inside the lock. The vast majority of them just take a hook.
<<

eidissenberg

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:36 am

Really nice picks. Tried to make my first one a couple of days ago... Not successful.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:43 am

eidissenberg wrote:Really nice picks. Tried to make my first one a couple of days ago... Not successful.

Keep at it! My first attempts were complete rubbish, could still pick with them but they looked like ass. Like everything in life, practice makes perfect... well, better at least :mrgreen:
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Not expecting anything in return Solomon , but if you feel the need to send me anything , then that would be cool , just don't knock yourself out over it !
Open Sez Me !
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 am

Added a slimline short hook, cos the hook I made originally was actually kinda long. Also added the ultra thin med hook I made ages ago, cos that thing is a beast. Decided I needed a dimple pick too, so I made one based on the standard flat from the goso set and bunged it in a pin vice. And I threw in a couple of extra wrenches, and a ghetto ass plug spinner. Oh, and a ground down key for turning stiff plugs. Enjoy :mrgreen:
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Posted 50 bristles and 2 picks , an offset half diamond (gem/reach) and a triple peak bogata , the bogey is made from a bristle and the reach is made from drain snake
spring steel , both have handles , the bogey has a copper handle (arse to make ) and the reach has a shrink wrap affair !
So sorry i forgot to try a Raimondo style , but i will try to do a few and if they're any good i'll send you 1 or 2 :offestdiamond:
Open Sez Me !
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 am

Awesomesauce! You don't have to do that mate, you already sent more than enough O_O
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:04 am

Holy balls!! :mrgreen:

Mate these picks are class. I love the copper handle on the bogie, it's fucking sweet. I never made an offset before, will have to give one a go some time. What's that one made of anyway? Looks too big to be a bristle. Thanks very much for these mate, I'll put them to good use fo sho.

One other thing, I take it you can just bend these cold? I love the way they look, really wanna make some wrenches outta them.
PreviousNext

Return to Home Brew