FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Creating a new Lockpick company...

<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:51 am

Re: Creating a new Lockpick company...

LSA, I've been thinking about what would impress me about a new pick company. The thing that strikes me about current offers is that when you buy a set you get a small discount (per pick). What if I could chose which 4 (or 6, or8) picks made up my set. No excess tools that will never be used. Now that is what would impress me. That being said, I will start with a full ten piece set to try them out. You have us all drooling, waiting for a chance to purchase a set.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:18 am

mastersmith wrote:LSA, I've been thinking about what would impress me about a new pick company. The thing that strikes me about current offers is that when you buy a set you get a small discount (per pick). What if I could chose which 4 (or 6, or8) picks made up my set. No excess tools that will never be used. Now that is what would impress me. That being said, I will start with a full ten piece set to try them out. You have us all drooling, waiting for a chance to purchase a set.

I believe it is already done/ in the works ;) I suggested it to him when this was in the planning stages :P
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:19 am

LSA, you're a good man, Charlie Brown!

Congrats on making a choice to take a bit of a risk. I'll be rooting for you. I don't really have much to add, except that you can also put me down for a set of picks. As soon as you have yourself up and running, I'd be proud to be one of your first customers. Also if you need testimonials and stuff, let me know. I won't bullshit anything of course, but you can pick what you put on your site and what you don't. So just let me know if there's anything I can do in that regard to help you out, and let me know when the picks are ready and what they cost. I'd definitely like a set.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 am

Riyame wrote:
mastersmith wrote:LSA, I've been thinking about what would impress me about a new pick company. The thing that strikes me about current offers is that when you buy a set you get a small discount (per pick). What if I could chose which 4 (or 6, or8) picks made up my set. No excess tools that will never be used. Now that is what would impress me. That being said, I will start with a full ten piece set to try them out. You have us all drooling, waiting for a chance to purchase a set.

I believe it is already done/ in the works ;) I suggested it to him when this was in the planning stages :P

Sure enough its already done... they are called "Build your own _ piece pick set" It wont be implimented during the presale (cause the presale is just picks) but there is a 6 piece (3 picks and 1 set of 3 tensors, your choice) pick set and 8 (5 picks and 1 set of 3 tensors, your choice) piece and a 10 piece (7 picks and 1 set of 3 tensors, your choice)... on the 2 larger sets you also have the option of adding another set of 3 tensors at a discounted price.

there will of course be the regular sets that are already premade... for those of us that do not know exactly what they want.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 pm

I have also added a set of all 10 picks that will be numbered as the first 100 sets made... each pick in the set will have the same number. these are limited editions for the presale people. they are not elligable for the presale discount tho so if you want picks cheaper you can buy the picks that are not numbered... but if you want some promo or special your this may be the option for you ... you can only purchase these as a whole set tho...

just something else to look forward too ;)

double sided pick will be included in these sets but may not be numbered... i have not decided yet...
<<

pickafication

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Vitti wrote:I wholeheartedly support the effort. As for opinions of if there is room in the marketplace for another manufacturer, I'd say that depends on your goals and business model. None of us can say with any certainty hot much market potential there is for another manufacturer but if you can produce a truly superior (or even equivalent) product to the current big players for a better price, then I don't see why there wouldn't be room. Marketing would then be the biggest challenge in my opinion.

:agree: marketing would be the hardest part, but think of all the people that would perhaps support the product by buying some picks and showing them off ;')
<<

mech

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:32 am

Will you be selling these over to the UK? Also how long till the site is available :)
http://www.youtube.com/duction
www.Lockpick.co
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 am

mech wrote:Will you be selling these over to the UK? Also how long till the site is available :)

I think once he gets the picks in hand the site will become public.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:11 am

Riyame wrote:
mech wrote:Will you be selling these over to the UK? Also how long till the site is available :)

I think once he gets the picks in hand the site will become public.

as soon as im happy with the product... I wont be selling a product then making you wait years for me to design it...

and yes I will sell/ship anywhere... shipping may cost a lil more tho...
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm pleased that you are undertaking this project LSA. Budget permitting, I will purchase multiple pick sets.

You and several other members of this forum are also eminently qualified to develop courses and learning materials on lock picking and bypass methods. I would fully support such an endeavour also. :salute:
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:27 am

picks are cut and on their way... tensors are made in strips and on their way aswell... all prototypes for testing ;)
<<

WhitePicker

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 am

If you ever would start making these picks,

I buy some for sure. ;)

I hope you will do well,

I aint familair with Businiss of any sort so i cant help you with that.

Goodluck ;)
<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Wow that was easy. I can't imagine that taking a year and a half to figure out. Great job I look forward to a set.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:48 pm

tensor metal arrived at my moms house... ill get some samples cut and post pics ;)
<<

nhoj_yelbom

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:59 pm

good stuff, waiting patiently
Wanted TrioVing, ASSA, BiLock, Environmental Locks and Keys, Ingersoll
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter