FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

caught a couple burglars red handed

<<

quabillion

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:54 am

caught a couple burglars red handed

These past few weeks I have been working on a construction job in my hometown. I live about 200 miles away from here so I have been staying with my grandmother. After she had gone to bed I went out to the backyard to smoke and have a beer. I have 2 dogs that were playing and pottying in the yard with me. They start to bark at something and I look up to see a junky car driving down the alley. This is about 12 midnight, so I was wondering what was going on with that piece of crap car in such a nice neighborhood like this, its way out of place. I walk to the fence and look down the alley. The pile of crap car has stopped 3 houses down, right behind a good friends house. I thought that looked really odd, so I got on the cell phone and called my friend John. I described the crappy car and told him that it was parked behind his house. While Im on the phone with John the passenger gets out and I see him open Johns back gate. John puts his boots on, grabs his shotgun and flashlight, then goes out to have a look. He says everything looks ok at first, but then I hear the phone fall to the ground and John yelling "Stop right there". I can hear him not only on the phone, but because I am so close I can hear him directly.

Then I hear the shotgun blast.

John caught the thief in one of his storage buildings, taking 3 boxes of 1/2 inch soft rolled copper pipe off of a shelf. He shot the boxes right out of the thiefs hands. The thief runs out of the building and to the car while John is chasing him. The driver tries to take off but John is standing in the middle of the alley pointing the shotgun at them. He swerves and hits a dumpster, then reverses over a gas meter. They tried to go forward again but were hung on the gas meter. All the while John is yelling for them to get out of the car and stop right there. They gave up and raised their hands, John made them get out and lay down in front of the car. After about 2 minutes the cops arrive. They took Johns shotgun away from him, then arrested the 2 thiefs. The thiefs were charged with burglary of a building, a class 4 felony, and the car was siezed because it had been used in the commission of a felony, and the driver was also charged with DUI. Once the thiefs were hauled away John was given back his shotgun. The tow truck arrived but he had to wait on the gas man to show up and shut off the leaking gas before the car could be moved off of the busted gas meter. The gas man got there about 45 minutes later, did his thing, and then the tow truck guy loaded up the car.

John had to go down to the police station to give a statement about what happened. One of the cops asked why he didnt just shoot the thief and John said that stuff just isnt worth a human life, but if the thief had tried to threaten his safety, John would have had no choice but to kill. The cops said that these guys are known thiefs/addicts and are suspects in several burglaries around town.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem,
first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." William Gibson
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:22 am

Re: caught a couple burglars red handed

Well done! Nice to hear the bad guys getting whats coming to them.
<<

darkhorse

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:00 am

feckin great result...I wish we could have guns over here
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:33 am

Good to see they got caught!
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 am

Nice job man!! All to often these days, I think alot of shit goes un-noticed (or just ignored) in an effort to 'mind your own business'.

The desperation that addiction brings can certainly breed some evil. Those two will probably have plenty of time to think about things while they're setting in jail. Hopefully they decide to seek some help, and get their life in order. By the sounds of it... they're lucky to be alive, and all in one piece!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Great job Q. Further proof that beer is good for society!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Good job man! At least they were smart enough to just give up and not try and fight back and get blown away.
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Great story, great writing, sorry it happened, and I hope everyone could defend themselves with equal force.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Hmmmm....you have the makings of a good video: (2) crackheads, (1) shotgun, (1) leaking gas meter and (1) pissed off homeowner....yes! :soldier: :freakout:
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:32 pm

You da man!
<<

quabillion

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Well one of the thives got bonded out of jail today.
The one who was in the shed, his mother got him out on a $8,000 bond, but the driver is still in jail.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem,
first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." William Gibson
<<

The_Master

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Interesting. Yeah, old P.O.S. at midnight in an alleyway is never a good sign. Good call to investigate further, or your friend would have been short some copper!

Return to Random Banter