FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Keypicking YouTube account?

<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Keypicking YouTube account?

Now because I'm new to the forum I don't really have much say in anything because I don't know anyone around the forum too well but I had an idea that maybe some might like or just think is not to great of an idea.

Okay so I was thinking that shouldn't there be a YouTube account for Keypicking.com? What I mean is one YouTube account where everyone can post videos that way there would be maybe three videos a week and we would always have something to watch and people that are new to making lock picking videos could get some more people watching other than just having to wait for people to find them. This would also help people come to the forum if they hadn't heard of it before.

Tell me what you guys think and if you see any problems with it.
<<

darkhorse

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: Keypicking YouTube account?

my twopence worth.
Each picker is individual and having your own youtube channel is a personal diary of your acheivements from when you were a newbie to progressing through higher end locks. Plus in my case a lot of my vids have an intro relating to another forum that I moderate... Although I'm granted the ok to show these I dont overdo it and keep the intro off most of them out of respect for this great forum.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:25 pm

I like the idea but then when someone has to do a video out of obligation 3 times a week or even once a week it takes a little of the passion out of it for them.

There is plenty to watch from Keypicking members and they mention other sites as well sometimes and that does not bother me one bit. Kokomo has loads of great vids from not only the teaching aspect but from the aspect of how f'ing cool it is that he could even pick that lock. Same with LSA, between the two of them alone there are hundreds of vids. Mr. Sour, Whizdumb, Oldfast, Chris they all have good vids to watch that are worth watching.
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:02 pm

mdchurchill wrote:I like the idea but then when someone has to do a video out of obligation 3 times a week or even once a week it takes a little of the passion out of it for them.

There is plenty to watch from Keypicking members and they mention other sites as well sometimes and that does not bother me one bit. Kokomo has loads of great vids from not only the teaching aspect but from the aspect of how f'ing cool it is that he could even pick that lock. Same with LSA, between the two of them alone there are hundreds of vids. Mr. Sour, Whizdumb, Oldfast, Chris they all have good vids to watch that are worth watching.

Oh no I meant with all the people making videos that there would be enough videos from everyone that when people put them out someone could just upload them to the channel and you would have three videos from different people so there wouldn't be a rush. Darkhorse had a point though with everyone having there own personal channel but I was thinking more along the lines of the channel being owned by everyone on the forum so if they feel like posting on it they can.

I don't want any one person to own it I want it to be like another part of the forum but on YouTube.

I'm guessing not enough people like the idea though. It was just a thought.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:52 pm

It's a great thought, and I appreciate your enthusiam Mathias... really! Ya never know about an idea unless ya put it out there.

I'd have to agree with the other couple comments though. Personally, I'm not to keen on the idea, and (unfortunately) foresee several major issues arising from it. My main concern would be the fact that any & all vids that people decided to post would be representing the forum as a whole. If some 'not so savory' videos were posted (e.g. encourging crime/theft, or any other number of things) the forum would loose face.

Although the stigma surrounding lockpicking as a hobby HAS greatly deminished in recent years... we must try n' avoid adding fuel to peoples' already ingnorant misconceptions. Haha.. I'm constantly amazed (and entertained) by the reactions I receive. Sometimes, they'll get this half-ass, shit eatin', sly grin on their face... as if they know what I'm REALLY up to LOL. Apparently I'm some kinda mastermind straight outta the movies. HA! lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Oldfast wrote:It's a great thought, and I appreciate your enthusiam Mathias... really! Ya never know about an idea unless ya put it out there.

I'd have to agree with the other couple comments though. Personally, I'm not to keen on the idea, and (unfortunately) foresee several major issues arising from it. My main concern would be the fact that any & all vids that people decided to post would be representing the forum as a whole. If some 'not so savory' videos were posted (e.g. encourging crime/theft, or any other number of things) the forum would loose face.

Although the stigma surrounding lockpicking as a hobby HAS greatly deminished in recent years... we must try n' avoid adding fuel to peoples' already ingnorant misconceptions. Haha.. I'm constantly amazed (and entertained) by the reactions I receive. Sometimes, they'll get this half-ass, shit eatin', sly grin on their face... as if they know what I'm REALLY up to LOL. Apparently I'm some kinda mastermind straight outta the movies. HA! lol

Yeah hadn't thought of it that way but that is very true. Maybe it isn't too great of an idea for that reason.

And I know what you mean, the second people hear lock picking they always think crime. It's sad that it is thought of that way but with the lock sport and things like that getting a bit better maybe some day it wont been seen as such a bad thing.

Thanks for giving your thoughts on the idea.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:17 am

No.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:33 am

xeo wrote:No.

lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:08 pm

xeo wrote:No.

Thanks bro!
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

So, a friend pointed out to me that the last video I posted had a "As seen on Keypicking" on the front of it. I had no Idea. So I clicked on it and was able to subscribe.

Return to Random Banter