FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What lock do YOU use?

<<

Gtreg

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:02 am

What lock do YOU use?

I see all you lock picking genuises and after watching your videos and tutorials etc I wondered to myself... What locks do you all use to protect yourselves? What's the lock on your front door! Post away.. Sorry if this exists I didn't find any!

I'll start...My front door currently uses a standard Schalge deadbolt that cost about 45$ I plan to change it soon but that's what I have for now!
"Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction"
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:24 am

Re: What lock do YOU use?

Locks???

I believe in putting faith in mankind as we are all honest, loving people at heart.
There are no "bad" people, only misunderstood ones. I don't use locks.
<<

Gtreg

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 am

LOL
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 am

I live in an apartment so I can't change the locks...it's a standard 5-pin SC1 Schlage deadbolt. Honestly though, unless you actually have a door frame that is reinforced with a quality door (with no windows in it like so many front doors do), then putting a hi-sec lock in is pointless. If there is something I want to steal that bad, or I want to murder you and your family, I will just kick your door in.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 am

I live in an elderly and/or disabled housing, the locks are Schlage 5 pin deadbolts with 3 spool drivers. To break in to my unit, I would thump my wife (the manager)or the maintence guy over the head and take the master key. That way I wouldn't need my key.
<<

james504

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:17 am

on my front door i have that electronic touchpad schlage deadbolt you press the button and use the key or you just enter the 4 number code and turn it to unlock ( it was here when i moved here) and a schlage KIK for the door knob (6 pin).......i always wondered what us pickers used on our front doors also i even asked a few people myself ..lol oh! and i have brinks on the back door kwickset kwy...
http://www.youtube.com/user/MsJames504
<<

Laporte

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 am

chris wrote:I live in an apartment so I can't change the locks...it's a standard 5-pin SC1 Schlage deadbolt. Honestly though, unless you actually have a door frame that is reinforced with a quality door (with no windows in it like so many front doors do), then putting a hi-sec lock in is pointless. If there is something I want to steal that bad, or I want to murder you and your family, I will just kick your door in.

Same with me, apartment with a schlage deadbolt. And a lock in the handle, both keyed alike. Nothing special.

This is so true about the door frame, too.

I came home one day to see that my doorframe had been messed with, the trim taken entirely off in order to (I think) mess with the locking mechanisms.

I didn't invest in better locks. I invested in discreet camera equipment for my entry way and apartment and planned better when I leave. I alert the people in my building now to my absence, and always try to have someone stay at my house if I am planning to be away. Between that and the fact that I advertise that my apartment is under surveillance, I hope it will be enough to deter a would be thief or attacker.

In the end, I am my own last line of defense. (As a single woman living on her own, security is something I think about fairly often.)

But failing prevention, my intention is to help in the arrest and prosecution of any perpetrator that messes with me or mine.

*edited for grammar and syntax
<<

Gtreg

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Nice james, ya I've wondered lately too so I decided to ask. It's true the last line of defense is you and etc but the first line is also important. I too agree if you're going to spend 200$ on a lock make sure your door frame is re inforced and make sure you don't have a bunch of glass around that someone could break and slip their hand into!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Sadly, schlage on the front door, kwikset on the side door and man door for the garage.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

aoyue2702

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:07 pm

shitty walmart kwickset on the front door and american 700 / abloy 350 to chain the motorcycle up.
<<

sandman

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:52 pm

wouldnt you like to know?

i dont own the door that protects me, therefore i have no choice, even if i did have a bad ass lock on it, our doors are surrounded in glass on both sides, locks are pointless when you have stained glass as a wall holding up the door lol.

otherwise, id use an ABLOY protec or Multi Lock if i could
<<

Gtreg

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:34 pm

I used to live in an appartment aswell.. For the downstairs door they used a MUL-T lock...they were charging us 50$ for every extra key we wanted was nuts...
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Schlage on all the doors, and inside the house a Remington 870, SKS, and two Glocks. Depending on who is home you have three to pick from trying to unlock.
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:49 pm

lockwood rim cylinders and knobs on the house abloy classic on the shed bilocks to lock the motorbike up and bilocks on the gates oh and alcom cylinders on the bedroom door
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

Gtreg

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

bezza1 wrote:lockwood rim cylinders and knobs on the house abloy classic on the shed bilocks to lock the motorbike up and bilocks on the gates oh and alcom cylinders on the bedroom door

I was waiting for a post like this... I knew someone probably had some crazy locks on the doors! :drool:
Next

Return to Random Banter