FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My first bump keys

<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 25, 2011 4:34 pm

My first bump keys

Ok so i thought i'd try something different today.

I made two bump keys using standard 5 pin euro lock keys. Bear in mind that i have never owned or used a professionally made bump key before, or any bump key in fact, so I really wasn't sure what i was doing, so the keys arnt that great.

The bottom key in the photo is the first one i made, this is what i guess you'd call a standard bump key. It's works ok and has opened all the locks in the second photo.
Those locks are all 5 pin, a UAP, Securefast and a Bird.

The top key in the photo is an experiment i tried. I filed back the shoulder of the key and added extra cuts, I also filed down the front of the key to allow it to move deeper into the lock. The idea was that if there was more cuts in the key, there would be more chances for the pins to jump into place.

Well this key dose work and opened all the same locks, however it took about double the amount of tries to open them.

Both bump keys failed to open a ISEO and a MILA 5 pin locks

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed May 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: My first bump keys

Thats pretty good doug - i bet you was happy with the result :hbg:
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: My first bump keys

Well kind of, i mean they opened some locks, but i don't know how much better a machine cut bump key would be then these. I might have to buy a couple off you to compare results.

Return to Home Brew