FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Commissioned Picks

<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: Commissioned Picks

edsmiley wrote:
ChonkyTonks wrote:
Notch is going in on the large hook today. I will sand it down and ship it out. I look forward to hearing what you think about the pick.

-ChonkyTonks

Great! The higher quality pics make these look even better. I think for my next one I might do a triple and a quad bogota. Would you be able to do a quad?

Thanks again!
Ed

Ed,

A quad bogota will not be a problem. Do you want me to start production? If so, go to my site (http://www.thegeekispeak.com/lock-picks/shop) and select what you want to submit the order. Easier to track that way.

Btw, your pick is in the mail. It should arrive either tomorrow or Friday.

-ChonkyTonks
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:08 pm

I received my pick from ChonkyTonks today and my first reaction is WOW! This is a beautiful pick and the pictures did not do the wood justice! I broke it in with a Best SFIC I have been picking on and it has a wonderful feel and feedback. The wood part is a little smaller than I imagined, but it actual is the perfect size for my hand. The contour is also very nice and feels good holding it. I will definitely be in for some more picks. I will be posting some pics later tonight or this weekend.

It is great to see these wonderful custom picks. A lot of the great pick makers have been taking some time off and ChonkyTonks is well on his way to being one of the great ones. I encourage everyone looking for great picks to pick one up.

Ed
<<

edsmiley

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Ok, a couple quick picks since I have been picking with this guy all night.

First, a comparison between one of my Legion303 picks, the new ChonkyTonks pick, and a Peterson spring steel pick

pic-comp.JPG

Second, a picture is the bounty so far tonight. A Master 140, a TriCircle Cheapie padlock, a Wilson Bohannan "USS KOBE SAFETY" padlock, and the Sargent IC. The Sargent is a first time pick! :hbg:

pick-locks.JPG

(For some reason, I cannot get this picture to display right side up)

Love the pick!
Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

ChonkyTonks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:34 pm

edsmiley wrote:I received my pick from ChonkyTonks today and my first reaction is WOW! This is a beautiful pick and the pictures did not do the wood justice! I broke it in with a Best SFIC I have been picking on and it has a wonderful feel and feedback. The wood part is a little smaller than I imagined, but it actual is the perfect size for my hand. The contour is also very nice and feels good holding it. I will definitely be in for some more picks. I will be posting some pics later tonight or this weekend.

It is great to see these wonderful custom picks. A lot of the great pick makers have been taking some time off and ChonkyTonks is well on his way to being one of the great ones. I encourage everyone looking for great picks to pick one up.

Ed

Thanks for the kind words, Ed. I am really pleased that you have found the pick to be to your liking. I hope that I can make many quality picks for you and others here on the board. Please let me know if you have any critiques as time goes on and you get more picks. I want to hone my craft and can only do so with feed back on my picks.

Again, thanks for the shout out.

-ChonkyTonks
Previous

Return to Home Brew