FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock Decoder

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:37 am

Lock Decoder

I think I have found a solid method for decoding locks, It uses a scale and a feeler type tool to hit on each pin if it's a low pin, the feeler wire raises the scale end up, if it's a tall pin, the wire will go down on the scale. I need to put it together and try it on the locks I have and mark off the pin lengths on the scale, I really think this will work, just need to build a base to hold the picked lock and a scale of some sort. Any LSA inventive type ideas that you may want to throw in?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:43 am

Re: Lock Decoder

Sounds good. Lets see some pics of what you are talking about. So you are able to say tell a 4 cut from a 5 cut in a picked lock???
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:17 pm

i dont really get how the tool raises or lowers it scale... id like to see pix, sounds neat.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

bouncer965

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:50 pm

But if im thinking correct, then the scale or the probe would somehow have to be adjustable, to allow for the differences in distance from the first pin to the back pin.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Ok, forgive me, I am not a graphic designer, so this may or may not make sense. There will be a rod that sits on a pendelum one end of it will go through the scale to show a pins respective length, it will show the length when the tip on the other end is on top of the pin in question, on the tipped end itself will be a guide to tell you what pin your on. The lock will sit atop a holder where you affix the lock in the picked position and at an angle where the picked cylinder is straight up and down, with the pins at the bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Will it still work if you have say a 9 cut in front of a 3 cut????
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:37 pm

KokomoLock wrote:Will it still work if you have say a 9 cut in front of a 3 cut????

Well, I thought of that today, it won't the way I am thinking. BUT, I do believe there would be a way, I just can't think of one, however, if your talking a regular Masterlock I don't think it would pose a problem to have a tall in front of a short. I will keep thinking this out, problem is, I don't have enough smarts to build it anyway....
Last edited by the lockpickkid on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:49 pm

i got ya now, its a decoder for afte you picked... cool...

kid, you have the smarts to do it, just not the materials lol
<<

minktheshrink

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:47 pm

There is something like this already made for car locks. Supposedly it works very well. The basic idea is that you pick a car lock, use the decoder tool, and use the hand held cutter tool to make a key. I have never used it because each tool is sold separately and for more than I am willing to pay. It all comes out of Korea though.
<<

Indypicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Here is a vid of one of the car tools that works pretty similarly:
[youtube]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4332050438141762214&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en#[/youtube]

Also - you might consider something like sputnik, which uses wires that protrude from a modified keyblank. Then maybe you could just measure the distance that the wire has traveled. That would get you past the problem of having a low pin in front of a deep pin.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:38 am

i just saw this. i dunno where i found the link, but it was earlier tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfoJp3wD ... re=related
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

cocolitos

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:03 am

Hi all,

I made a decoder for Tesa euro profile lock...(spain)

The principle is simple: all bottom pins are the same size, we just push all pins (bottom pins + top pins + spring) and compared to a reference!!

We can deduce the combination !!

Have fun...

Cocolitos
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCocolitos?feature=mhee
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:19 pm

that is not the same attack as before... BUT its awsome... weighted drivers will stop this sort of decoding though... but either way.. its awsome man great job

i wanna make wone too :)
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Locksmitharmy wrote: " weighted drivers will stop this sort of decoding though...'"

i think you mean balanced drivers.

wicked cool decoder. how is the accuracy?

sorry about the hijack LPK... your drawing gets the idea across well..looks a good project, but the patience required to get something like this accurate,and calibrated,is beyond me.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:49 pm

awol70 wrote:
Locksmitharmy wrote: " weighted drivers will stop this sort of decoding though...'"

i think you mean balanced drivers.

wicked cool decoder. how is the accuracy?

sorry about the hijack LPK... your drawing gets the idea across well..looks a good project, but the patience required to get something like this accurate,and calibrated,is beyond me.

I know, you would have to be very patient and have lots of time. Just an idea I had dreamed up, like most of my ideas, they may work, but would take tons of time and you would have to have access to alot of different material.
Next

Return to Home Brew