FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

my squiggle handle design

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:28 pm

my squiggle handle design

basically the idea is as the handle squiggles to give an erganomic feel to the picks... it continues to get smaller and smaller until it straightens out into the pick shaft.
by never haviing a point where the pick gets considerably smaller it makes it not have a weak point... unlike my last picks that broke at the point where they shaft met tha handle... now that point is unnoticable to the picks metal because it uses the same slope in the shaft and the handle...

let me know what you think
squiggle handle.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: my squiggle handle design

Looks good!!!
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Yeah, I've done that with a number of picks I've made. Very comfortable I must say. Nice job LSA!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

whizdumb

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:30 pm

I like the idea of the smooth cut-out on the bottom. I could really find myself using my middle finger there to get some more upward leverage on the pick and pins. Very nice job on the pick, it looks aesthetically pleasing. Do you think you'd be able to get that cut-out and neck section shrink-tubed like the rest of the handle? I think it would be nice to have some extra grip, insulation and cushion for that section of the pick.. Although, I could see how maybe the shrink-tubing may bunch up and not be smooth when applied. Now I'm just rambling I'm sure you get what I'm trying to ask.

Happy Brewing,
Whizdumb
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:22 pm

the heat shrink wont shrink that much... itll have a bubble there... which could be pleasing... but i ddnt like it

you may notice the straight cut of tube twords the front... that was cut after it was shrunk cause of that bubble effect... maybe if i had smaller heat shrink tube it may work...

I did make one that was laminated (metal on either side) its awsome... and the extra metal allows the tube to be tight and remove that bubble... but i ddnt wanna take pix of that one right now...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"

Return to Home Brew