FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Suggestions wanted on building a "practice door"

<<

CrookieMonster

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:35 am

Suggestions wanted on building a "practice door"

first off i hope i am posting this in the correct section.. if not please move it..

im planning on building a doorframe and setting a door in it with as many different types of american deadbolts in it(to practice actually working on doors instead of picking in a vice)
so far im thinking of putting these deadbolts in and id add a lever lock at the bottom so i can play with lever bypass techniques (please give me suggestions on other locks to put in):
kwikset 5 pin
kwikset 6 pin
schlage 5 pin
schlage 6 pin
falcon 5
falcon 6
falcon 7
arrow 5
arrow 6
masterlock
are the following just take kwikset or schlage cylinders?
emtek
defiant

i realize that this is a lot of locks and i probably wont be mounting them all at once (due to lack of space) and if these questions // this post sounds abit newbish it is because i am a total newbie but it sounds like a fun project.. please add as many suggestions as possible.. thanks in advance..
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:06 am

Re: Suggestions wanted on building a "practice door"

i'm not 100% sure, but yes I believe the defiant is a Kwikset clone. I'm pretty sure it uses the same Kw1 profile, but I think it comes with a security pin...not sure which type though. As for Emtek, never heard of them.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

CrookieMonster

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:30 am

Re: Suggestions wanted on building a "practice door"

aka.decoy wrote:i'm not 100% sure, but yes I believe the defiant is a Kwikset clone. I'm pretty sure it uses the same Kw1 profile, but I think it comes with a security pin...not sure which type though. As for Emtek, never heard of them.

thanks

Return to Home Brew