FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

kromer Time Lock Id Help.

<<

dj9990

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 am

kromer Time Lock Id Help.

I picked up this kromer time lock on eBay yesterday for $25(Au).
But I can't find the exact model to buy a key blank, as far as I can tell without dismantling the lock to reach the leavers, is that it's a 6 leaver double bitted key that is bottom tensioning.
I found a bunch of pictures of Kromer leavers & matching keys, on http://www.uels.co.uk/kromer.htm , they are almost all double bitted keys that are bottom tensioning.
Anyway here's some pics, the blurry one says "kromer Oben", but I think "oben" mite just mean that that is the top of the lock!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:44 am

Re: kromer Time Lock Id Help.

Very nice find!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

dj9990

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Well I just finished pulling it apart and I'm pretty sure I found the key type, it's a Kromer type 2731.
This thing has ridiculously high tolerances between the stump and the gates, 12/1000 inch "fuck", I'm never going to be able to cut a key for that shit with a file!
Here's some pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:15 am

Nice lock. Worth noting though that most of these get removed because they are faulty in one way or another.

It will be an absolute SOB to make a key for by hand ......

Measure the drill pin with vernier, I might have another blank that would suffice.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.

Return to Random Banter