FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I should have known better!

<<

Grandpa

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 29, 2010 2:56 pm

I should have known better!

You know when you see something that's too good to be true....I recently thought that I needed some slimmer lock picks, so I began looking online. After seeing the vids on the Klom sets I looked all over the net and stumbled across alibaba.com. There was a supplier there who offered the Klom 32 piece set model OLH-11 for $20.68 with $16.50 freight. I ordered this set and the shipment arrived 3 days after shipping. They sent me a set that was model OLH-26. It has 32 picks in it but only 1 auto double pick. Through numerous emails it has come to shipping this set back, which I assume will cost $16.50. I told them it was not my mistake and that I would not pay the freight. So soon I will file a dispute with alibaba and have already filed a dispute with my credit card company.

With the set that I was sent there is at 11 hooks, 7 of which look exactly alike and a Goso auto tensioner. the other tensioners ar 3" long shaped like a z. The name on the case is SHIN HYOUNG Hi- Tech. The handles appear a lot like Kloms but have oriental writing on them.

Wish I had listened to myself and just bought local.
<<

Tygart

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: I should have known better!

That sucks, I did a Google search for those, and I did not find anything with those model numbers?
<<

Grandpa

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 29, 2010 3:38 pm

They don't come up on google. If you go to alibaba.com and search Klom 32 piece set you'll see it offered by a company.
<<

Tygart

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 29, 2010 4:35 pm

That site looks fishy!!
<<

regis

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 30, 2010 4:07 am

Maybe it's named alibaba.com because they're a bunch of thieving bastards. Just a thought. Hope everything works out for you.
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun May 30, 2010 5:28 am

Maybe it's named alibaba.com because they're a bunch of thieving bastards.
love that call ive gotten stuff from them before and it did not turn up and 26 emails later i got sorry but we donot do any refunds.
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

Grandpa

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:37 pm

All right guys. Got arbitration news on this scam. They intend to send me $10 back and I keep the picks they sent. I'm sure they didn't have the set they advertised, probably ever. They tried to get me to pay to send this set back an they would send me the set I ordered. Let's see:already spent $20.68-16.50 figure 16.50 for returnnoway I do that. Offered to keep set and pay $2068 for the one I ordered but no freight. Anyway definitely a scam as they didn't have the set I ordered. This is what I got : 7 rakes-11 hooks, some exactly alike-1 bogata type diamond-1 offset half ball-2 extractors-2 dimple picks-1 double sided auto pick-a half snowman and snowman-and the best is a Goso auto tension wrench. Guess I didn't come out too bad,all for20.68+6.50 if they send the $10.00.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Have fun with your Goso auto tension wrench, they suck, you need a Dyno tension wrench. I think I got a Goso with part of a trade and I threw it away!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.

Return to Random Banter