FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

UKLockpickers Site

<<

Grandpa

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 20, 2010 4:29 pm

UKLockpickers Site

Has anyone logged on to the site lately. Firefox gives me a Mallware warning.
<<

bouncer965

Post Thu May 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Re: UKLockpickers Site

just tried it and its the same .........wont go to it gives malware warning.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu May 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Same here..let me get with Alan @ UKLP
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Google wrote:If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Damn. I hope everything gets worked out soon!
Howdy!
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 20, 2010 6:04 pm

I just logged on there, works for me...
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu May 20, 2010 6:53 pm

chriswingate wrote:I just logged on there, works for me...

damn,chris...now we all got cooties....=/
on a lighter note , i hope we/no-one gets screwed.
i run a mac,& i got a "can not connect" error...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Grandpa

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 20, 2010 7:25 pm

hope you have Malware Bytes or similar software. These things get on your computer to steal you private info. Anything you type they get automatic. Bank accounts, passwords, anything. There goes Chris' millions.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 20, 2010 8:07 pm

awol70 wrote:
chriswingate wrote:I just logged on there, works for me...

damn,chris...now we all got cooties....=/
on a lighter note , i hope we/no-one gets screwed.
i run a mac,& i got a "can not connect" error...

Mwuahahahah cooties! nah I didn't mean login with my name and pass. Just browsed around the site.
No worries my comp is fully protected, though as far as Grandpa talking about my millions being gone I'm not too worried about that lol, I got nothing to steal!
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Thu May 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Chris, what is on his site right now doesn't need you to enter passwords to totally screw your computer. It's got drive-by installers according to google. Hopefully UKLP has a recent and clean backup of the site. The installers were found by google's web spiders crawling the site while indexing. Often these things will use your computer to send spam, or as part of large scale "hacking" attacks on specific servers, or worse...

Now that all said, this type of thing USUALLY isn't too difficult to remove from a site, especially when you know which pages are the issue, which he should be able to determine via google's webmaster tools.

I'm sure he'll let everyone know once he's got this sorted.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Fri May 21, 2010 4:58 am

Uklockpickers has been hacked :twisted: This fault will be sorted shortly :D
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri May 21, 2010 5:19 am

elbowmacaroni wrote:Chris, what is on his site right now doesn't need you to enter passwords to totally screw your computer. It's got drive-by installers according to google. Hopefully UKLP has a recent and clean backup of the site. The installers were found by google's web spiders crawling the site while indexing. Often these things will use your computer to send spam, or as part of large scale "hacking" attacks on specific servers, or worse...

Now that all said, this type of thing USUALLY isn't too difficult to remove from a site, especially when you know which pages are the issue, which he should be able to determine via google's webmaster tools.

Elbow, I know, I was just making light of the whole thing. I've did a full scan of my computer with anti-virus, anti-malware, spyware, etc, once I was off.
Everything is cool, but thanks none the less! :slainte:
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri May 21, 2010 9:39 am

chriswingate wrote:
elbowmacaroni wrote:Chris, what is on his site right now doesn't need you to enter passwords to totally screw your computer. It's got drive-by installers according to google. Hopefully UKLP has a recent and clean backup of the site. The installers were found by google's web spiders crawling the site while indexing. Often these things will use your computer to send spam, or as part of large scale "hacking" attacks on specific servers, or worse...

Elbow, I know, I was just making light of the whole thing. I've did a full scan of my computer with anti-virus, anti-malware, spyware, etc, once I was off.
Everything is cool, but thanks none the less! :slainte:

Chris, that's cool, but I just wanted to make sure that you'd (and others who may not know as much about how these work as say you or I and then might have thought they were safe if they didn't enter any passwords) understood that what had happened when his site was hacked was that it was a "drive-by" installer, and not just an passive on site info collector type hack.

I get the "Don't have anything to steal" comment was a crack, and no worries there, kinda funny even. But, on the more serious side, you do have an identity, which some of these things are designed to collection enough info to be able to start signing up for credit and loans, etc... it's really some scary stuff. And it really is just a matter of when it will happen to a website, not if... too many exploits out there, just way too many, and there are new ones every day :( And sadly gone are the days of script-kiddie site defacers, most of the site compromises these days are by professional criminals.

This should be their fate :dakikubi; (actually, they should not be given the honor of having a dakikubi, but that's another matter entirely), but sadly, it will not... they will continue to get away with it because so many of them are in Russia, China, Indonesia, Korea, and other countries that couldn't give a flip.

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri May 21, 2010 9:40 am

uklockpicker wrote:Uklockpickers has been hacked :twisted: This fault will be sorted shortly :D

Thanks! It's a bitch, I've had to clean up many a hacked site in my day... I feel for ya man.

<<

uklockpicker

Post Mon May 24, 2010 6:35 am

For a coulpe of day the link to uklockpickers shop at the top of page will look like this ..........

Thanks for visiting uklockpickers.co.uk. Unfortunately we got hacked before the weekend, and are working to resolve this. Please give us a few days. If youve been receiving emails from another lockpicking related site/company unexpectedly, please could you let us know by sending an email to the Webmaster here at uklockpickers.co.uk

Hopefully up & running again shortly, ill inform you when its safe to use the site again

Thanks Alan.
<<

shaunclifford

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi all.....this is the underpaid webmaster for the site :|

....the site is now sorted......just need google to re-crawl the site.
Rest assured, the site is now secure. All old code cleared out, and osc security fixes added to prevent this happening in the future, and all site passwords changed. There are no CC payment info recorded/taken onsite...so thankfully i dont think there will be any horror stories!

And tell Al to invest in the site more! The sites got a lot of potential......but time costs money!

Shaun
Next

Return to Random Banter