FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Spring for Monarch panic bar

<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Spring for Monarch panic bar

I need some help. I have a customer with a Monarch panic bar trim that has a broken spring. I've looked for a replacement and found a part number, but they no longer make it. I'm not sure the exact model of the panic bar trim, but I have pictures below. The long slender spring is the one needed, and the shorter spring has taken its place. I would like to find the exact replacement or figure out how to use the new one. If you can provide any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

monarch outside trim photo.jpg

monarch outside trim.png

monarch series.png

monarch spring photo.jpg

monarch correct and incorrect spring.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Re: Spring for Monarch panic bar

Have you contacted the Monarch factory? I see you are in Indy, so are they. If not, it looks a lot like the spring in a Simplex lever, maybe a little shorter. But shorter is do-able :) I have a blue million of those springs if you want to try one. Let me know and I'll drop one in the mail, I'm over in Dayton.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:41 pm

take your spring to an auto parts store and tell them you need a new brake hardware spring, they have some that will be very close.
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I have a temporary spring from lowes on there now, but it's too weak. I found a simplex spring in a repair kit at the shop and I'm going to try it out
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Automotive springs are superior to the low-priced stuff sold in the home store
Simplex would be good quality

Return to Professional Locksmiths