FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HPC 1200

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:35 am

HPC 1200

Just bought me a code machine for $500 but without the whole set of cards. Just got the basic set of cards that he promised to give me.

But atleast I got the 3 different cutters and I can always print out cards from work using the Code Source program.

The reason I bought it because I thought I was going to be masterkeying Sargent locks again from my old client.

But this time it's a Yale masterkeying system that I got to do.

My old price was $10.50 per cylinder with 2 keys. But this is a new job and I have since learned I could be charging more.

I told him $10 per cylinder (mortise) with 2 keys. But that was an estimate. Since I will be using the Yale 998SA key blank do you thing I should charge him more.

The way we do it at work is $15 per change combination and the keys are seperate.

I haven't got the price per blank yet but if it's more that regular price which I know it will be. I will have to give a different estimate.

Anyways, this is my current dilemma, lol.

CKH...
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:53 am

Re: HPC 1200

Are you using original keys or Ilco?
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:55 am

Congrats! If I could find a deal like that I would take it in a heartbeat.
<<

Altashot

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:20 pm

I don't know the labour rates in LA, but here, in western Canada, they are pretty high.
I charge $20.00 to re-key a cylinder, $25.00 if no key is available. I charge even more if it's on a panic bar since more dis-assembly is required.
If the locks are to be master keyed, I charge $35.00 per lock. It includes the labour to create the master key system.
Keys are sold separately and start at $4.00.

M.
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:08 pm

I had two people buy the keys for me. They said it's the Ilco blank and I'm okay with that.

Another lockshop not to far from us charges $20-$25 per cylinder.

We charge $1.95 plus tax on stuff like standard Schlage and Kwikset keys.

For Best/Falcon and tubular keys we charge $5.00. Also on some of our commercial keys like Sargent.

I told the maintenance guy who's giving me the work that I will charge him $10 per cylinder with 2 keys each but that in the future I want to charge $15 per cylinder as my standard price.

Clh.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:38 pm

We're getting $35 per lock (double or single cylinder -- no matter), here in Houston. About half of that, if they bring their locks into the shop. keys are priced according to what they cost us, and are largely a negotiable item.
Nemo Malus Felix

Return to Professional Locksmiths