FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Clark Security Show

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Clark Security Show

I went to the Clark tradeshow this Saturday. I collected a bunch of manuals and pamphlets from the various lock manufacturers.

Saw some old friends there too. Got a free t-shirt, small screwdrivers, etc.

After getting home I felt a renewed feeling about my career. It's hard to explain....

Kinda like I went to a pep talk or something.

Anyways, just wanted to share.

Clh.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:42 am

Re: Clark Security Show

Went to the Expo as well,
love to see all the new stuff at the booths.
upon entry they hand you a swag bag, then you get to visit the booths you're interested in and collect catalogs, brochures and small trinkets(pens, shirts, hats, screwdrivers).
At the Mul-t-lock boot they had really nice pinning mats.
Looking forward to returning next year.
I also attended classes during the week. Learned a lot.
Can't wait to do it again.
Highly recommend it if your able. :smile:
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:38 am

I've never been to the Clark show, but I've been to the Intermountain show a few times and the ALOA show once as well.

Both were about the same, lots of new gadgets, good food and if you own your own business lots of people who want to sell you something. All in all they are pretty fun.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:48 am

Any of these shows in NY?
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:11 am

I am going to http://www.securitycanadaexpo.com/websi ... x.php?p=37 :D its my first Security Expo. From the lineup of Exhibitors it looks to be a fun 2 days :D I know there was talk at one point that one of the locksport groups was trying to setup a lockpick village ;)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:23 am

Glad to hear it. I have a show next week at Graybar, where I buy a lot of my datacom stuff from. Always good to see the latest technology.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:39 am

I once said the "F" word to my Clark Security rep and he closed my account. I wasn't even attacking him or his lousy service. It happened with one of my gun distributors too once,
on one of the hottest days of the year I asked for a price on a carton of ASSA Grade 2 deadbolts, and I thought it was too high, so I just naturally said "Oh F@ck" and then the guy was like, "did You just say F@ck?" Your
account is Closed Mr." and then I was all, "Oh poor me, how will I ever survive without Your crappy lock hardware deals and such?" And then life went on. I still remember my account # too, it was #1634. Someone
should ask their rep whatever happened to account #1634, I'm sure it's a funny story.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:44 am

jones wrote:I once said the "F" word to my Clark Security rep and he closed my account. I wasn't even attacking him or his lousy service. It happened with one of my gun distributors too once,
on one of the hottest days of the year I asked for a price on a carton of ASSA Grade 2 deadbolts, and I thought it was too high, so I just naturally said "Oh F@ck" and then the guy was like, "did You just say F@ck?" Your
account is Closed Mr." and then I was all, "Oh poor me, how will I ever survive without Your crappy lock hardware deals and such?" And then life went on. I still remember my account # too, it was #1634. Someone
should ask their rep whatever happened to account #1634, I'm sure it's a funny story.

Seems legit.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

machinist

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:39 pm

I went to the show but I really went for the Friday auto high security class instead it was OK but I knew 75% of it.

Clark is ok they are pretty knowledgeable HL flake has the best prices I personally hate intermountain they have effed me over pretty badly cancelling orders then claiming I called to cancel them. Giving my wholesale prices out to non-locksmiths that happened to be customers of mine.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:11 am

Lock_Jockey wrote:I went to the show but I really went for the Friday auto high security class instead it was OK but I knew 75% of it.

Clark is ok they are pretty knowledgeable HL flake has the best prices I personally hate intermountain they have effed me over pretty badly cancelling orders then claiming I called to cancel them. Giving my wholesale prices out to non-locksmiths that happened to be customers of mine.

I agree, Clark never had very good prices and if they did it always seemed like they had to charge 3 shipping charges as the stuff was gonna come from 3 different places. Intermountain seems to usually have what I want,
but at a price that will cost me profits. I do most of my ordering from HL Flake, they want to save me money and that makes me look good, even when I double my money, cause they don't charge freight, if you spend a
few bucks. I will say that every so often Intermountain will have really good sale prices on some items, you hafta check online though, to see what they have. I bought like 10 kwikset handleset interior packages from Intermountain
a couple months ago and they were like $10 apiece in all different colors. That was a really low price and I will be making bank next time I sell them! I use IDN-West occaisonally, I used to use them more but they make stupid
mistakes all the time. For instance last month I ordered several items and I wanted to pay One freight charge. Even after saying this several times they still managed to send my package without everything inside it, then the
salesman had the nerve to suggest I didn't see the other parts I had ordered. Jack@ss sent me a second shipping fee as well, but they'll eat that good. In fact that reminds me, I got a statement from IDN recently, showing I was
like 90 days past due on my account. Looking at the top of the statement it says "Unapplied Cash" and shows an amount large enough to almost pay the entire bill. I call accounting and ask why my statement says I'm past due 90+ days?
The dummy on the other end of the phone asks me "Oh do You want me to apply the unapplied cash to Your account?" "No I say, instead why don't You mail it back over to me". I think it got applied, allright-- fricken morons there!
They actually used to have a few people who knew their jobs, but they were all fired, or quit.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:01 am

Lock_Jockey wrote:I went to the show but I really went for the Friday auto high security class instead it was OK but I knew 75% of it.

Funny, we've all but completely stopped using Clark because they not only gave out our wholesale prices, but then started selling direct to our customers.

I have been at intermountain when a door company asked to have a bunch of cylinders keyed alike. The Intermountain rep was pretty stern about telling the guy to call a locksmith. He made it clear he was not interested is pissing off his main clients.

The outside sales rep there pointed me to where I work now as well, I owe him big time for that. This is the best job I have ever had.
<<

machinist

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:34 am

mdc5150 wrote:Funny, we've all but completely stopped using Clark because they not only gave out our wholesale prices, but then started selling direct to our customers.

I have been at intermountain when a door company asked to have a bunch of cylinders keyed alike. The Intermountain rep was pretty stern about telling the guy to call a locksmith. He made it clear he was not interested is pissing off his main clients.

The outside sales rep there pointed me to where I work now as well, I owe him big time for that. This is the best job I have ever had.

The big problem was when anixter/clark merged about a year ago? staff hated it and they brought up exactly what you said they didn't like screwing over the security professionals and cutting them out of the loop. It was a one reason I used them less I became slightly more complicated to just order stuff.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:41 am

I buy mostly from HL Flake, but they have not been very good with special orders. I did recently buy some Best stuff from Clark.
If I need something right away I order from Zipf Lock in Columbus, UPS ground gets it to me the next day.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:55 pm

I remember what I don't like about HL Flake, some of their keys are priced way too high, also if you don't call at the right time you could wait on hold for a long time.

Return to Professional Locksmiths